SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cheap round trip flight to Atlanta.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap round trip flight to Atlanta. Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
alcohol nips

Wait, you can take these through security? Buy them after? Where?

They are perfectly fine to take through security. They are less than 3.2 oz. So no problem. I do it all the time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Typical mini-bottles are 100 ml. I bring several on each trip. May or may not want a drink, but if you do, a mixer is free. Just be discrete when you mix your drink. Some flight attendants frown upon the practice.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
As long as you know what you're getting into I don't see an issue. Sometimes you want a quick inexpensive trip and a cheap airline is the only way.
This is the key right here. If you're expecting five-star service on Frontier or Spirit, you're only going to sorely disappoint yourself. I know a lot of pilots at both places and they are a top-notch...flew with them at my prior airline. If you go into the trip knowing you're on your own for a LOT of stuff, it's a fantastic way to save some bucks and get someplace fairly cheaply.

YMMV, depending on how demanding you are.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:
alcohol nips

Wait, you can take these through security? Buy them after? Where?

They are perfectly fine to take through security. They are less than 3.2 oz. So no problem. I do it all the time.

I had no idea. Not a frequent flyer, maybe 2-3 times a year. I'll be doing this in May

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had no idea. Not a frequent flyer, maybe 2-3 times a year. I'll be doing this in May

Just heed dlc444's advice about being discreet on the plane.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Over the past two years I have flown to Europe, Alaska, Fla, and Georgia. Having flown Spirt and my family have flown Frontier several times I do not have great expectations. You get what you pay for.

YellowJacket: Varsity is the place they mentioned.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^If you go to The Varsity, make sure you stay in close proximity to a bathroom because the runnin’ shits is a possibility.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve taken that flight from “Princeton/Trenton” parking is easy, only 2 gates, easy airport but its never been on time, make sure you have a charger and snacks but they do have a small bar/ rest once through security. As others have said, it’s a little better flight if you pay the extra 10, enjoy Berry, nice hiking trails on the campus if you are into it

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the trip. Lots of great things to see and do in the area.
I came down here from your part of the world almost 50 years ago and decided to stay.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Over the past two years I have flown to Europe, Alaska, Fla, and Georgia. Having flown Spirt and my family have flown Frontier several times I do not have great expectations. You get what you pay for.

YellowJacket: Varsity is the place they mentioned.

As a GT alum, I've eaten at the Varsoty hundreds of times. It does not upset my stomach, but maybe I am immune. There is actually a Varsity in the ATL airport on the international terminal.

But yes, do eat there. It is a fun experience even if you don't love the food.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
We fly Allegiant once or twice a year. Never any issues. We like the smaller airports too.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Thought the OP might find this article helpful:

Everything you should know before flying Frontier Airlines

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)