SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cheap round trip flight to Atlanta.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap round trip flight to Atlanta. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
We got a great deal for a round trip flight from Trenton to Atlanta. $120 ($60 each) for my wife and I. We can only carry on a backpack, no checked items. We have some cloths already at our friends home in Rydal, Georgia. My daughter attends Berry College in Rome, so it will be a great to see her. Frontier is a budget airline that we occasionally fly. Not top tier for sure.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That airline is a shit show at best..... good luck. Hope you get to your destination at some point.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Have fun visiting your daughter and our great state

Frontier: Screaming kids that have crapped their diapers, cramped seating and terrible service

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
It beats Greyhound! Big Grin Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
It beats Greyhound! Big Grin Big Grin

Only in time

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great prices, for that who cares if it's not Virgin Air, enjoy your trip and have a good time!

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I flew Frontier....Once. Never again. Saving a few bucks on a flight is not worth that level of frustration.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Gus’s fried chicken in Atlanta has by far the best fried chicken this northeastern boy has ever had....I’d entertain a flight just to have that food!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I flew Frontier....Once. Never again. Saving a few bucks on a flight is not worth that level of frustration.

We just flew BOS->MCO and back. Once the flight was in the air it was fine but everything else sucked - late departures, impossible to check in online, offshore phone support lying to you, surly counter person at MCO.

I did enjoy the stretch seating which also puts you at the front of the plane to get off fast. It was only another $10 each way when combined with $59 package of priority boarding, assigned seat, carry-on and a checked bag. Bring your own water and snacks though.

They also have dynamic pricing. A woman on our flight paid just $30 the night before to fly from BOS with just a backpack that could be stuffed under the seat.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frontier....you roll the dice. Roll Eyes

It is most definitely a budget airline. For really short-haul flights, I can deal with the stupidity but, beyond 2-hrs, they better have their act together.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
You get what you pay for but you'll be alright. It's a quick flight...

I flew Spirit from ATL>ORD once and I didn't die.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget to bring some jumper cables, just in case the pilot forgot his. Big Grin

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

My friends in Georgia insist this time I have a YellowJacket hot dog. They say I will like it, but I have no idea what it is. I guess I will find out when we go to Marietta.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trenton is a tiny airport, Atlanta is another story. Trip should be 1.5 hours or so. Last time my wife came in from a trip from Atlanta it was an hour late. Still better than the 14 hour drive. One way trip to Georgia with gas and tolls exceeds what we are paying for a round trip for two.

Living the Dream

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:

Trenton is a tiny airport, Atlanta is another story. Trip should be 1.5 hours or so. Last time my wife came in from a trip from Atlanta it was an hour late. Still better than the 14 hour drive. One way trip to Georgia with gas and tolls exceeds what we are paying for a round trip for two.

He's not talking about saving a few bucks driving; he's talking about saving a few bucks using a budget airline like Frontier over a legacy airline like Delta.

I spent over $15,000 in flights last year, and all of it was with Delta. I will never fly a budget airline, but I'm a snobby frequent flyer. For people who don't fly often but need to make a short flight now and again but also don't want to break the bank, budget airlines can be the perfect option...as long as you can deal with the riff raff that goes with it.

You'll be fine. Just plan ahead with bringing your own snacks and drinks onboard, give yourself plenty of time, and pack as many alcohol nips as you can fit in a quart sized zip lock bag. Wink

Bon voyage.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
alcohol nips

Wait, you can take these through security? Buy them after? Where?

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
My sister and her husband have tried to take a couple of cheap long weekends using Frontier. Twice their flights have been cancelled the day of the trip with no explanation or apology. Needless to say, they won't be trying that again.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Indeed...

Frontier sort of reminds me of fictional "Jackpot Airlines" from the 2018 1-season NBC comedy series "LA to Vegas", but only if you replaced the humor with frustration and anger.

Re "La to Vegas" - Great writing, great cast...hysterical show. Sorry it got canceled. I think Frontier airlines should be canceled as well, but with fewer Indies to keep United/AA/Delta honest price-wise, their rates would only go "up, up and away."

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Frontier....you roll the dice. Roll Eyes

It is most definitely a budget airline. For really short-haul flights, I can deal with the stupidity but, beyond 2-hrs, they better have their act together.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I flew last year of Frontier for a short trip to Boston and years ago to FL without issue.

As long as you know what you're getting into I don't see an issue. Sometimes you want a quick inexpensive trip and a cheap airline is the only way.

I wouldn't use them for a long trip or one where I had to get to my destination on time.

rtquig hope you have a great trip. Sounds like you know the good/bad about the airline so you should be ok.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

My friends in Georgia insist this time I have a YellowJacket hot dog. They say I will like it, but I have no idea what it is. I guess I will find out when we go to Marietta.

Yellow Jacket Hot Dogs is down in Ellenwood, near Stockbridge, south of the city. The Varsity in Atlanta or Brandi's in Marietta are your best bets.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post