SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DIY, replacing vinyl straps on patio furniture. So easy, even Steve can do it.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIY, replacing vinyl straps on patio furniture. So easy, even Steve can do it. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
For those who know me, you know I am the least mechanically inclined person on plant Earth, next to my Step-dad. Not a dis on my Step-dad, he freely admits he is better off paying someone to perform most chores. Otherwise, he will have to pay them, after he f*cks up the project.

Yes, my Step-dad and I get along quite well. Smile

Ok, I hate projects, as they never are as easy as they appear to be when you are planning. My wife knows this and usually accepts this.

Today the replacement vinyl straps for our patio furniture arrived. In the middle of the Winter we broke several straps, don't ask, it is a long story.

Anyway, back to the project. We received 15 straps and the plastic rivet things, that hold them in place.

Holy crap. This is so easy, even Steve (me) can do it and do it right.

For anyone thinking of replacing the vinyl straps on their patio furniture, rest assured, you can do it.

In fact, it was so easy, we have ordered enough straps to replace all of them on our patio furniture.

I will post pics next time.

Damn, I am feeling pretty good about a successful project and am actually looking forward to the next time.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great. Plastic straps and things like that are a lot more brittle when it's cold out.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
That's great. Plastic straps and things like that are a lot more brittle when it's cold out.

Yes they are. It was in the teens and we were cutting my Daughter's Dogs nails. My wife always holds Opal in a patio chair when we cut her nails. Since it was Winter, there were no cushions. My wife went to plop down in the chair, holding Opal and went right through.

it was funny as hell and thankfully no one was hurt. However, there was potential for a serious injury. Opal is now 60-65 lbs.

Like I said it was funny and we all got a good laugh, even my wife. But in the back of my mind, I kept thinking, I am going to have to repair that. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Where did you order from? I'm guessing Amazon?

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly, she did not buy them from Amazon.

She bought them from Sunniland Patio. Watch the video, I think you will be pleased with the results.

https://www.sunnilandpatio.com...pre-cut-vinyl-straps

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve - I just glanced at their site. While I don't need anything now, I was impressed at all of the things they carry. Good place for future needs.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
very cool!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post