SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need Prayers for My Grandma - Losing Cancer Battle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Prayers for My Grandma - Losing Cancer Battle Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I've waited to post this but there is nothing left for us to do. She had ovarian cancer 3 years ago and no treatment has worked. I wish she didn't do the last round of chemo because it pretty much killed her shutting down organs. I hadn't heard from her in a few weeks of calling. My grandpa is pretty deaf and never hears the phone. I got a call Friday afternoon that she was in ICU. Sunday we find out the cancer has spread to her lungs, hip, etc. She is in Palliative care now and we are just waiting. She was in a ton of pain but the doctors/nurses have been awesome and have it under control.

I'm mainly just asking for prayers that doesn't feel anymore pain and passes smoothly to be with Jesus. We were lucky to have her at least see most of our family and we are just ready for her suffering to end.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry. She is in my prayers

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences - this is hard - I watched it with 3 of my four grandparents...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer for peace and comfort.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our prayers as well for peace and comfort....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Prayers sent.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry, she is in our prayers.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'll keep Grandma in my prayers. My mother is going through thyroid cancer currently. Just brought her back from the hospital. Doing well post-op.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
God's Peace and comfort for Her and all her family and friends in this trying time.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Lord Bless you all!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for Grandma.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your Grandma, family, and you.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In my prayers

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So sorry.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers said and sent.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. She is still chugging but it's starting to set in as her breathing slows. She's been pretty comfortable given the circumstances so that is blessing.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. My mom went through the same thing. There is no doubt that God sent someone to bring her home, and I'm sure it's the same with your grandma. Prayers sent to you and your family.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers for all of your family.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post