SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Green Monday? What next?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green Monday? What next? Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I see, from the advertisements in my emails, that today is Green Monday. I’ve never heard of that one before.

What else do we need in an attempt to part us from our money?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard of it till now... I don't think Black Friday went so well. With most retailers extending their sales.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
They want YOUR green THIS Monday, simple.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Ten-Spot Tuesday!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I've got no problem with it. Yesterday Sportsman's Guide offered an additional discount (except firearms) on top of the normal Buyer's Club discount + free shipping. Another 540 rd.can of Malaysian 7.62x51 for $198.55 to my door.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my working days.........Blue Monday!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a "Why-not Wednesday"?

Never heard about the green Monday till this last weekend.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Wiki:

"Green Monday is an online retail industry term similar to Cyber Monday. The term was coined by eBay in 2007 to describe the best sales day in December,usually the second Monday of December. Green Monday is defined more specifically by business research organization comScore as the last Monday with at least 10 days prior to Christmas.

In 2009, $854 million was spent online in the US on Green Monday, with sales in 2011 reaching $1.133 billion. In 2012, Green Monday topped out at $1.27 billion, up 13% from 2011 and the third heaviest online sales day for the season behind Cyber Monday and Dec. 4, 2012 (which had no marketing tie-in), according to comScore. In 2014, Green Monday online sales grossed a record $1.6 billion, albeit still lower than Cyber Monday's $2.68 billion during the same year."

I'd heard of it, but never saw it as publicly advertised until this year. I'd always heard it referred to from a business perspective, i.e. "Green Monday is next week, hopefully we get a sales boost", never a marketing "Green Monday Deals!" standpoint.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green monday saved me 50% on a pair of jeans. Ill take it.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Chartreuse Wednesday Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post