SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yahoo calendar down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yahoo calendar down Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
I got to setup schedules. But yahoo calendar is not loading since yesterday.

What's out best alternative calendar sites

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Never mind
It came back after about 24 hours

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
As with the earlier answer, in response to somebody noting their "BellSouth" email was down: Yahoo! is in dire financial straights. They were on the verge of being bought by Verizon when it was discovered Y! had been massively compromised. That has at least delayed, if not queered the Verizon sale.

If and when the sale goes through you can expect changes. Changes not necessarily to Y! customers' benefit. If the sale doesn't go through you can expect changes. Because, you know, broke.

A word to the wise.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Alternatives?

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I've been using Google Calendar for the last couple of years. It used to have text notifications for reminders but they did away with that. It's still pretty useful though.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've avoided any of the online calendars much preferring one that resides here and on my backups. Currently using ReminderFox plug for Mozilla Firefox/Waterfox. Works great! http://www.reminderfox.org/ As an aside it will sync with online calendars if that is your preference.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post