SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BREAKING: DOJ Announces Fast and Furious Documents Withheld by Eric Holder Will Be Released
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BREAKING: DOJ Announces Fast and Furious Documents Withheld by Eric Holder Will Be Released Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am quite certain these files have already been thoroughly sanitized.....like most everything else that gets "released".

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Leftists would never destroy documentation, emails and other evidence that proves their corrupt practices. That's just not who they are.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Leftists would never destroy documentation, emails and other evidence that proves their corrupt practices. That's just not who they are.
Of course not-they contract it out. Platte River Networks and HRC's server is proof.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever it takes like Sandy Burglar stuffing the classified documents in his socks.

quote:
allegedly by stuffing the documents into his socks and pants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Berger

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I am quite certain these files have already been thoroughly sanitized.....like most everything else that gets "released".

The problem with your view is that ANY digital information has a life of its own.

From 1992 to 2001 I worked on a major federal rulemaking (i.e., the entire process to publish a statutorily-mandated regulation in the Code of Federal Regulations [CFR]). This was in the earliest days of the federal government grappling with retention of relevant digital documents. We started with DARPANET accounts and direct 14400 BAUD modem communications, and ended with the Internet pretty much as we know it today.

We were told by a team of really sharp lawyers and technology mavens that we had to retain, and I quote from memory here "EVERY SINGLE GODDAMNED THING WE TYPE." So we did. In Webster's Dictionary under "monumental pain in the ass" is our approach to doing what we were told. It was from this experience I learned that once some random thought is in binary form, you no longer control it. It does not matter if you intended for that set of zeros and ones to assume a life of its own, it had, and you could do bupkis to control it.

We were so successful that the interest groups that filed a lawsuit to over turn that regulation never had the opportunity to challenge us on withholding relevant documents. Instead of that type of fight over production of documents during discovery, we beat them technically on 11 of 11 specific challenges. And our rulemaking became the legal basis of 11 more that were deregulatory in nature.

My point is this: today government employees are far less sophisticated in their understanding of the digital world.

By example, look at Strzok and Page and their tens of thousands of texts insulting the President, arranging "insurance policies," and probably coordinating their sexual dalliances, or Hillary and her outhouse server. These allegedly "smart people" apparently never got the briefing I did, didn't pay attention, or were guilty of immense hubris.

It is the digital footprint that Judical Watch and others are using so successfully to beat these fed.gov idiots. These fed.gov people believe that digital trails can't be followed. Hell, the IRS got Capone in the 1930s based on the same basic approach to criminal investigation.

Bottom line: like Lady MacBeth's "spot", once stained by an evil deed, no amount of scrubbing will remove it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
What if you wipe it, like with a cloth or something? Wink

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post