SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's the little things... 5,000 of them to be exact
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's the little things... 5,000 of them to be exact Login/Join 
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted
Scored some .22 LR finally...

There's going to be one VERY happy boy a few hours after the FEDEX truck shows up. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parallel,

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Is that you in the Navy Uniform in the back?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Is that you in the Navy Uniform in the back?

Yep. Not my favorite picture of me in uniform, but the wife likes it so there it hangs.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well good news.

1-good looking,happy kid
2-your wife wasn't banging the mailman because you can't deny your little man. Looks just like you. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will standard velocity cycle the gun?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Will standard velocity cycle the gun?

Yes and it is very consistent.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have a box from the original release of the CCI Stinger. Price tag from all those years ago is still legible at $1.80 for the box of 100. Still cannot can't come to grips with 22LR costing about as much as my 9mm reloads.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local Dicks sporting goods had tons of 22s yesterday. Win and R.E.M. 100 packs were $8.99&9.99. They had Fed auto match and buckets of bulk R.E.M.
Dicks and Wally World are the only places to buy IMO.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I noticed yesterday that WalMart had dropped its prices to $6.47 a box for CCI.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Happy shooting parallel Jr.!!!!! That apple didn't fall very from from THAT three, did it?? Big Grin

I don't think .22LR is even shipped to NW Houston, TX Walmart locations. At least not ones within a 20-mile radius of MY house.....

And JMHO....anything over $0.06 a pull for .22LR is ENTIRELY too damned expensive. I know we've hashed that out before on here. I just bought 5 boxes of 100-count Winchester Super X (500 rounds) for $36, but had a $25 gift certificate; brought the cost down to $0.072 per pull...STILL too expensive! I remember buying that same clear red box of Winchester Super X for $2.99 consistently and sometimes on sale for $1.99. Oh well...the things that change as you age.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And JMHO....anything over $0.06 a pull for .22LR is ENTIRELY too damned expensive. I know we've hashed that out before on here. I just bought 5 boxes of 100-count Winchester Super X (500 rounds) for $36, but had a $25 gift certificate; brought the cost down to $0.072 per pull...STILL too expensive! I remember buying that same clear red box of Winchester Super X for $2.99 consistently and sometimes on sale for $1.99. Oh well...the things that change as you age.[/QUOTE]

And as my Grandchildren say when I exclaim over prices... "but Grampa that's just what it costs".
Makes me chuckle. Every time I hear that I know they will be old someday and will likely hear the same words.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah.....pretty soon I'll be opening the front door and yelling, "GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!" Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think .22LR is even shipped to NW Houston, TX Walmart locations. At least not ones within a 20-mile radius of MY house.....

Next time you fly into Dulles, take a trip to WalMart in Chantilly. They have loads of 22 LR. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Been a little while since I've been in there & not sure where in NW Houston you are, but the WalMart on Rayford & 99 usually had some flavor of CCI in stock pretty frequently.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Well good news.

1-good looking,happy kid
2-your wife wasn't banging the mailman because you can't deny your little man. Looks just like you. Smile

You might not believe this, but my son is adopted (as is our daughter). I know, he does look just like me (and he has the same mannerisms). So much so that my mother-in-law asked me where I was 9 months before he was born. When he was about 14 months I sent a picture to my mom in PA. She then sent me a picture of me at 6 months and at about 15 months and if I didn't know any better I'd swear it was him and not me I was looking at.

The REALLY freaky part? Our little girl looks just like my wife did at that age AND she's a wild child just like Mrs Parallel was at that age (m-i-l spilled the beans, I wasn't supposed to know she was a handful as a kid Big Grin ). I like to think that this all means that our family was always meant to be. Smile

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

Next time you fly into Dulles, take a trip to WalMart in Chantilly. They have loads of 22 LR. Smile

absolutely. Wink

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local hunting fishing store has that ammo, CCI standard .22, for $29. a 500 round brick. .06/ea. I'd bought one (there was no limit and they have a lot of it), but seeing 5000 sell for .089/ea, I'm thinking I should get a few more. Pretty much out of room for ammo, but at least .22 doesn't take up much space.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What brand of .22 rifle is that? Looks like one I have..an HK

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
What brand of .22 rifle is that? Looks like one I have..an HK

'Looks like and ISSC MK22 Wink

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
ISSC MK22

Yep.