SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Else Drive A High-Milage Car
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Else Drive A High-Milage Car Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I just rolled over 200,000 miles on my 07 Civic sedan on my way home yesterday and it’s still going strong, I may try to get to 300,000 now!

Anyone else drive a car with a lot of miles on it?

The highest I ever went before was 180,000 on a Honda CRX years ago, normally I’ve sold or traded cars long before 100,000 but now that I’m no longer a bachelor with a lot of disposable income, a stay at home wife and two young kids, I’m going to drive this sucker till it dies!

At a red light last night I couldn’t resist taking this just before it rolled over:

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always take a picture (and when I say always, I mean on two cars) of my odometer when it gets to 100000. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
180,000 on a Honda CRX

I miss that car as much as any. I sold mine with about 145K, and my '87 Maxima with 174K, '96 Cobra with only 130K. All three with folks not even feeling the need to drive them, just a look, listen and start peeling off hundos.

Nothing close now, but plan to drive the ML350 in the ground if plans hold up.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, wife has the lowest mile care with 96K. 240k- 300K before I give up on them. And usually purchased with over a 100K already on them.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
My truck is knocking on the door of 150k miles and still rolling right along. At my current age, I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Just turned 236k on my ‘04 CTD Ram.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
my last two vehicles were sold with 273k and 255k miles on them. Current truck has 140k.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I don't currently as I just traded in for a 2017 Tundra. It's not high mileage (yet Razz ) but I plan for it to be as I plan to keep it for the next 10-15 years.

The highest mileage vehicle I've had was 249k and change on my 2002 Nissan Xterra. Looking back I probably should have kept it rather than trade it in as I think I could have gotten another 50-100k out of it.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
188k on my 2003 Civic.

Posts: 13049 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
just shy of 170 on my 03 Eff Juan Fiddy

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
180,000 on a Honda CRX

I miss that car as much as any. I sold mine with about 145K, and my '87 Maxima with 174K, '96 Cobra with only 130K. All three with folks not even feeling the need to drive them, just a look, listen and start peeling off hundos.

Nothing close now, but plan to drive the ML350 in the ground if plans hold up.

I do miss that little thing, fun as hell to drive and around 55 mpg as I recall!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I hope my work van lasts that long or longer. Buying cars doesn't thrill me for some reason. Car payments certainly don't.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
188k on my 2003 Civic.

265k on my 2003 Acura TL-S

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23948 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
251,000 miles on my 76 El Camino, and still going strong.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I'm working on it. My 2014 Focus has 184k on it

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I had 192,000 on my 92 Chevy P/U when I sold it last year and the new owner still drives it a couple times a week. Its still going strong and I have regretted selling every day since.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
160k on my truck and 170k on my wife's van. Just getting broken in.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
221k on my 96 Land Cruiser

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I got 387K on my Kia Sorento before I had a major repair issue and replaced it. Nothing other than routine, regular maintenance before then.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm at 120k on my '13 Charger. It runs pretty much all day. Not sure how many hours are on the engine. Three of us share it. The frame's being held together with old stop signs. The city is buying us two new police cars this year. One to replace one that was smashed up on the freeway and the other is going to the chief because he feels he deserves a new car while we drive around in cars that are falling apart.

Personally, my oldest car was from high school, an '81 Accord. I hit 200k on it before I got rid of it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post