SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I lost my best girl this morning...my border collie crossed over...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I lost my best girl this morning...my border collie crossed over... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Miss Jennie has been my constant companion since we brought her home from East Tennessee Border Collie Rescue 14 years ago this month. She was a 10 week old puppy who slept in my wife's lap for the 1 1/2 hour trip from Knoxville to Cleveland...thus starting the roller-coaster adventure that was a border collie puppy that would grow into a loving true friend and companion who's loss is tearing the hearts out of my wife and me as I type this post...

She went with us on vacations and loved to travel stretched out on the back seat...she especially loved the beach.

She loved her frisbees and tennis balls (she was quite the show off catching frisbees and would attract a crowd on the St. George Island Fla. beaches with her acrobatics even into the surf)...

She was good company and always a pleasure to be around...

She was a gentle spirit and loved everybody she met...

But time and age catch up to us all...this morning it finally caught up to my best girl...the jumping, running and chasing that are such part of a dog's enjoyment of life took it's toll on Jennie and with my wife and I at her side, our vet helped her slip away quietly into her next adventure...

To where have the last 14 years flown off?...It just seems like yesterday when you came into our lives...I'm going to truly miss you old girl...we had a good time you and me...

RIP Jennie...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. It's sad they don't stay longer.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Our 'old' Bud & Wendy will be waiting for Jennie on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Prayers sent for all of you.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
we had a good time you and me...

Try to hold on to that thought.

I'm very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful dog.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
RIP Jennie

Sounds like she gave you 14 great years.

So sorry for your loss, Drake will look her up once she crosses the bridge.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
RIP, Jennie, sounds like she had a great life.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
RIP Jennie girl. I wish you strength and peace and beautiful memories of wonderful times spent together. I do believe we will be reunited with our loved ones someday in the future, and she will be with you again for all eternity. God bless you and yours, and I cry with you tonight for her.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. Frown. I've had two BC's pass and it hurts all the time. But I always bring in another because I love the breed and their different personalities. My latest, Benji was a year old when I rescued her and she is 11 now and constantly by my side.

Best wishes and condolences.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Can't read all the details, screen getting blurry.

So sorry for your loss.

know how it hurts.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Great looking animal.
Sorry about losing her.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
She is beautiful.
The memories of the great life you had together will be with you always and in forefront. The pain and loss will slowly lessen
and be replaced with all the memories of a life spent together.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Beautiful girl. So sorry for your loss. Frown

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Jenny was beautiful. Sorry for your loss.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
sorry bro, my dogs are my kids so i know its tuff

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Sorry for you losing your dear friend. My condolences to you and the wife.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
These threads are hard for me to read.

I am very sorry for your loss.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. We've only lost 2 dogs so far, but I can honestly say that I'd trade years off of my life if only they could stay longer. It looks like you made Jennie a very happy girl and I'm sure that she will remain in your hearts for the rest of your life.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
RIP Jennie. I'm sorry for your loss. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post