SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum Baseball fans step in - HOF Cap ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum Baseball fans step in - HOF Cap ? Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted
Admittedly still riding the high of my Houston Astros winning this cities first ever World Series!

The question at hand, with Beltran retiring now having won a ring with the Stros, who's hat will he wear in the Hall of Fame? Played for Seven teams as I understand and the Stros twice.

What or who decides his immortality cap selection? I cant recall.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I'm almost positive he decides

Congrats to your Astros

Signed,

A Dodgers Fan

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
That's my understanding too.
The player decides.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He should pick Astros Smile and Astros should retain him as a coach...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
The question at hand, with Beltran retiring now having won a ring with the Stros, who's hat will he wear in the Hall of Fame?
Whoever's willing to send him the biggest check. My bet...the Yankees.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since 2002 the Hall of Fame staff evaluates the player's career and makes a rough decision and then consults with the player and explains the reasoning. Push comes to shove and the Hall makes the call.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/...n-hall-of-fame-caps/

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
In all the hoopla over Pudge Rodriguez this summer with the Rangers, I sure had the impression that that is what he wanted, and maybe it was, to go in as a Ranger, and it was his to pick.

Maybe a happy coincidence that the HOF saw it his way.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
He should go in (I can't believe I even wrote that) as a Met!
They can make a nice statue of him. Then people will look at it and say "Oh game 7, 2006!" Big Grin

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I’d guess he’d go in as a met. I’d like to see him as a royal, but probably won’t happen.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I would say the same one that he won the ring with.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post