SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers please, for my wife. UPDATE page 4-Good News
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers please, for my wife. UPDATE page 4-Good News Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
We are home! Her surgery took 1.5 hours. They had her up and walking last night. Today she felt great and released to go home. We (me) were completely exhausted from chair napping and watching over my wife. 3 hour nap and she is watching television. Going to be difficult to keep her from jumping back into her normal routine for a couple of weeks.

We both want to express our sincere thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts you offered on her behalf. Prayers indeed work.

edited to correct spelling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Wonderful to hear! Give her a big hug and a kiss from us in the SIG Forum.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So happy for the both of you for the excellent news!

Posts: 3919 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! I'm so glad for both of you that it went well.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And now, we dance...

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear this!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Good vibes

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news. Yes, prayers do work.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Really good to hear! God Bless!

Can be scary stuff. Thirty four years ago I injured the same 3 (c5-C7). Fractured one, compressed one, and dislocated the third. Spent 2 weeks in traction, 10 weeks in a halo brace, then 8 weeks in a neck collar. Luckily no surgery required.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Great to hear! Now make sure she lets her neck heal and the bone fuses. Rest, good food, somewhat normal stuff up to a point. Congratulations to you both

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Prayers answered!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Truly happy to hear this news! So glad for you both!.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a newly retired Physical Therapist, ensure she listens to her practitioner.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Posts: 43 | Registered: March 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Glad to read the good news, Johnny.

Please convey my best wishes for a complete and pain-free recovery, to Mrs. 3eagles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Great news that things went well.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great news! Actually the best or perhaps the only great and good news I've heard today.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news Smile Smile Smile...prayers for continued healing.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news. Prayers for continued improvements.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post