SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fun in flyover country
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun in flyover country Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
From our newspaper (Sturgis isn't just about the motorcycle ralley):

It's pretty easy to get a quarter or half a side of great locally raised beef around here. (As an aside buffalo can also be bought this way but you're talking a LOT of meat.)

And for you city slickers, no, having to catch the cow first is not a requirement. hahahahahaha

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Ah the perils of living in South Dakota. I remember stepping out my back door and almost getting run over by a fat ol' hog that had escaped from the local butcher. Now that I live on an acreage in the country there is still a chance of stepping outside and getting stampeeded. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Ha, reminds me of the time when we raised pigs to butcher and sell. Early one morning 7 of them got loose and I chased them for miles trying to round them up. Spent a couple of hours at it before the bastards got tired of the game and they turned around and went straight to the pen for more feed and water and a nap. Big Grin

That was one of the vary rare times I was late for work.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Was kind of waiting for someone to be a smarta$$ and say the expression "Where's the beef!" was missing here somewhere.

LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post