SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oklahoma House passes 'Constitutional Carry' gun bill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahoma House passes 'Constitutional Carry' gun bill Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It cleared the Senate 33-9 (and 5 who couldn't be bothered to vote). On to the Governor's desk. Please give her a call at (405) 521-2342 to encourage her to sign it.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
It cleared the Senate 33-9 (and 5 who couldn't be bothered to vote). On to the Governor's desk. Please give her a call at (405) 521-2342 to encourage her to sign it.

Is there any danger of her not signing it?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hard to tell. She signed licensed open carry a few years back, but she was up for re-election. Now, she's a lame duck. The Chamber of Commerce types, the universities, and LE are hard against it. I'd rather show up with too many phone calls than to get beat in the home stretch.

I should probably also mention that this is the same governor who, to show the legislature who was boss a few years back, vetoed a bunch of bills out of spite, regardless of whether her party supported it or not.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:

Is there any danger of her not signing it?

Very doubtful. Mattress Mary is very pro gun and on her last term. She signed open carry into law as well.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per OK2A, the Governor’s office is taking the public’s pulse on this. The Gov’s office isn’t asking about residency when you call. The Demanding Mommies are energetic. The question is, “are we?”

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Governor Mary Fallin (will be ex-governor) vetoed the constitutional carry bill.

Bah humbug!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Despicable!

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Damn it!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous.

Pandering. I hope the good people of OK remember this. Even the state I call home, Maine, passed it.

Next time. Keep fighting. You can't win if you don't.

I have a saying I always tell the kids, more mechanic related but I can see it's worth here.

"We never have time to do it right, but we always have time to do it over."

Well OK, do it over. And over. Until you get it right Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Stupid bitch!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable. With of course, zero evidence shown that it has caused issues in other states. Fallin may have lost the last bit of any goodwill she had left.

Posts: 327 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching the news. Two 16 year olds were driving a stolen car. When the police gave chase, one fired a gun from inside the car.

Anyone want to bet the laws against stealing cars or guns won't be discussed? Gawd I hate politicians.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow, disgusting! Mad
No chance of overriding it?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post