SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For my forum LEO friends, this *P228* is for you, courtesy of KevinCW. ----->>>*** WINNER = gpbst3 ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For my forum LEO friends, this *P228* is for you, courtesy of KevinCW. ----->>>*** WINNER = gpbst3 *** Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Thank you, 12131 and KevinCW, and good luck to my fellow LEOs. Holding the line since 2008.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
1. My friend 12131 graciously offered this to me, and I politely declined. (absolutely nothing against him, the Karma system, or anything, mostly I just didn't feel I deserved it, and I already have a 228.) The man is a wonderful person, and a valued member of this forum. I can't say enough about his generosity, so I won't even try. So I'm not out anything financially, that is all his doing, and people should be in awe of the generosity he has shown the membership here.

2. Someone please enjoy this 228. One of the finest weapons ever produced.

3. Thank you for all the support you guys/gals have shown me. It does help keep me sane, even after the shifts where i want to do nothing more than rock back and forth in the shower...

Don't enter me I'm not a LEO. Just wanted to say thanks you Kevin and 12131 for making SF a better place. Maybe one day I'll get to shoot a P228. Good luck to all the LEO's out there.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
1. My friend 12131 graciously offered this to me, and I politely declined. (absolutely nothing against him, the Karma system, or anything, mostly I just didn't feel I deserved it, and I already have a 228.) The man is a wonderful person, and a valued member of this forum. I can't say enough about his generosity, so I won't even try. So I'm not out anything financially, that is all his doing, and people should be in awe of the generosity he has shown the membership here.

2. Someone please enjoy this 228. One of the finest weapons ever produced.

3. Thank you for all the support you guys/gals have shown me. It does help keep me sane, even after the shifts where i want to do nothing more than rock back and forth in the shower...

Don't enter me I'm not a LEO. Just wanted to say thanks you Kevin and 12131 for making SF a better place. Maybe one day I'll get to shoot a P228. Good luck to all the LEO's out there.

Charlie, I have followed you for a long time. If you ever find yourself up this way, range trip on me and you can shoot mine... then dinner and drinks after.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I already got one like that, a mid 90s made one. My favorite double stack. I put an E2 grip on it. Smile

but I'm Not a LEO
Thanks for the great karma. And thanks all you LEO out there.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
What a generous karma, please count me in.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the generous karma. Please include me.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas, another reason this place is the best!
Have always wanted a 228 thanks for the chance!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting a 228 for awhile, please include me.

And a very big Thank You to KevinCW as well as 12131, your generosity knows no bounds.

JPD217

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
What an incredible gesture of kindness and generosity on the part of all parties- thank you. Please include me in the drawing for this P228. Thank you very much!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in on your generous Karma. I think I qualify as a retired LEO. You both are the dynamic duo.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Awesome. I'd like a shot.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Very generous Karma.

I received my duty gun ( a P226 in 357SIG) when I retired, so I will decline the offer.

But I wanted to echo what several others have said-this place is great! Smile

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Amazing, generous karma.

Please count me in.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, and please count me in.

Posts: 104 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
Please include me in the generous offer

Posts: 915 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Wow, Hell of a gesture! Thanks for the chance!

Sure, I can send a patch to the winner!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gw3971,

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Please do not add me to this Karma.

I am a retired LEO and was curious if this Karma included retired LEO's.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Please and thank you!
Very generous of you both!

The P228 was actually the first gun I ever shot long before going into LE. Always liked the way it felt.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I think I might qualify, but don't enter me. I just want to tip my hat to the generous, good-hearted donors.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I would be honored to Have a chance. Fifteen years behind the badge come January.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post