SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ten Secret Service tactics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ten Secret Service tactics Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJOJUS4tXnQ

"The secret service are responsible for protecting the president and other high level government officials. Their tactics and methods are amazing!"

I am thankful every day, that past and present Presidents have protection (likely) exceeding what you will see here.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Very cool video.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Fascinating! Thanks for sharing that.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Very good video. Thanks for posting.

Here is a more in depth look at the make up of the Predidential motorcade.

It's kind of interesting there is at least one other identical "Beast" in the motorcade, and sometimes more than one other (than the one carrying the President). And the SS does a "roving shell game" by changing the position of the real "Beast" with a spare or spares during the trip.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
great vid. Thx

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Great video, thanks for posting.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Seen it before, but it is a great video to share.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link! I find the INK very interesting.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Good video. It'd be fun to see the 10 that they didn't show.

I was the forman of a printing dept for a number of years and had to attend a SS class regarding counterfeiting and I was impressed with the technology they used. That was 30 years ago and I can only imagine what it is now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Cool video. Back in my active duty days we flew a LOT of the Presidential support missions (we called them Banner missions for any other old AF airlift guys).

During the 96 election I did nothing but fly limos, comm vans and SS guys around for two weeks before the election. Got to know many of the SS guys - they are unsurprisingly good shits and stand-up people. The drivers were some of the most senior guys and had been doing the job forever. Those limos "The Beast" are never allowed to be alone without some sort of SS presence. If a limo is left alone even for a minute it is taken out of rotation and broken down to the frame. We often brought the advance teams in and the amount of work those guys do is insane. Driving routes from speaking points to hospitals, finding sniper points to position to, briefing the local PD on what is going to happen. And they do it down to the gnat's ass every time. Great, supreme professionals.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I thought it was interesting that the picture of the kitchen and chefs was actually the white house kitchen.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Those are cool videos to watch. I remember the Banner missions, they wouldn’t let us get near those vehicles, they would tie them down them themselves.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of getting to know the head of Reagan’s detail while I was going through EOD school. He was going through the demolition portion of the school and I’d talk to him every day asking for stories (and he had some good ones). I also got to work with the SS when Gore came to Salt Lake City. The unpleasant part was looking for bombs while in a three piece suit outdoors in the heat. Most of it was indoors but we had to check out the runway at the SLC airport. My Captain left EOD and went into the SS and just retired. If I would have had a degree in 1994 I would have gone that route, I had some people on the inside that would have given me recommendations.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what are the different levels of coverage ,post term?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Guys on the roof have both an AR10 and Remington in 300 magnum... there is also a large duffle bag with somethings bigger in it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father worked in Washington during World War II. One of his friends was a secret service agent, who said that when Franklin Roosevelt first took office, he was very resistant to secret service procedures. He wanted to mingle more with the people, who he insisted were his "friends". One day, this agent noticed a man in overalls painting a wall outside of the Oval Office. Something about the man didn't look right, so the agent shook the man down and found a screwdriver, that had been ground down to resemble an ice pick. After the man was hauled away, the agent took the screwdriver into the office, where the President was working. He tossed it on the desk and said, "Mr. President, I ran into one of your friends out in the hall. He said to give you this." He said Roosevelt went white and never again gave them any trouble about their efforts to protect him.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
The President never eats food ordered at restaurants? What about Clinton snarfing Big Macs or Obama going to whatever burger joints he went to? Presidents have been known to have ribs or whatever brought to Air Force-1 from their favorite joints.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
The President never eats food ordered at restaurants? What about Clinton snarfing Big Macs or Obama going to whatever burger joints he went to? Presidents have been known to have ribs or whatever brought to Air Force-1 from their favorite joints.

Take the info in that video with a grain of salt.

It's designed to get clicks/views, not be a super-accurate reference for all aspects of Secret Service procedures.

"The President never eats outside food so he won't get poisoned!!" and "The Secret Service are trained by ex-KGB to kill a man with their bare hands!!" are easier and more exciting than "Well, you see, it depends..."

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When Clinton was running my cutter was tasked with offshore and inshore screening. We took 2 SS agents aboard. One stayed on the cutter a few miles off shore and the other guy rode with us in he small boat as we cruised around the area where he was playing golf that’s day.

The dude in our boat told us we couldn’t load our pistols....we got him straightened out after a short talk. I guess he didn’t know we were actually LEOs, and didn’t trust us...

Also ran across them when the surviving Medal of Honor Recipients came to Charleston SC. SS provided security and routes for them. My cutter got to take half aboard while the other half were on a different ship to render honors to Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post