SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ten Secret Service tactics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ten Secret Service tactics Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just got into it with one a little over a week ago. Nothing big, but after he got on me, I got on him and he says, well I'm a Secret Service agent.
My response was, I don't care who you are, if you want to lead the parade, you need to get out in front. Later we made up. I was in a vile mood and he riled me.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
The President never eats food ordered at restaurants? What about Clinton snarfing Big Macs or Obama going to whatever burger joints he went to? Presidents have been known to have ribs or whatever brought to Air Force-1 from their favorite joints.

The implication from the video was that they were photo-ops and they didn't actually eat the food. If they did, I'm betting an agent was standing right beside the guy cooking the burger.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
The President never eats food ordered at restaurants? What about Clinton snarfing Big Macs or Obama going to whatever burger joints he went to? Presidents have been known to have ribs or whatever brought to Air Force-1 from their favorite joints.

The implication from the video was that they were photo-ops and they didn't actually eat the food. If they did, I'm betting an agent was standing right beside the guy cooking the burger.

I understood the implication from the video. I also call BS.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by houndawg:

I understood the implication from the video. I also call BS.[/QUOTE

If he can take his own doctor with him everywhere he goes, he can sure as heck take a chef, when they know he has to eat out Razz

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by houndawg:

I understood the implication from the video. I also call BS.[/QUOTE

If he can take his own doctor with him everywhere he goes, he can sure as heck take a chef, when they know he has to eat out Razz

So je goes into Mickey D's and orders a #1. His personal chef is going to go back there and make his Big Mac? I don't think so. As far as nice restaurants, you go there to experience their cuisine, not what your personal chef makes. As I said above, the President has been known to have local favorites brought to AF-1. I'm sure his personal chef doesn't go and smoke some racks of baby backs at the local BBQ joint for the President.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It should be a given that disinformation is always sown into such a "presentation", being that it is "Fight Club", after all.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'd chalk it up more to "lazy Youtube video creators rapidly churning out thinly-researched superficial videos in hopes of easy clicks" than "strategic misinformation sown deliberately by the Secret Service".

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I meant that any information that is provided from the SS or folks "in the know" will not be 100% forthcoming, and will include some things that are not true. It is a matter of the way the game is played.

But, I cede the point of fact on those who cobble "reports" such as this as being more about getting "hits".

I grew up in the Enquirer, Star and rags of all sorts of made up stuff.

(before 98.3764325% of the "news" became equal to them)

Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was detailed out to the Secret Circus for about 18 months. Great group of people. I still keep in touch with a few of them, and try to go out when they come to town.

I've known one of the USSS agents for over 25 years, we worked together here on CPD before he left to work for USSS. One of the most laid back and chilled out people you could meet.
Former Army Ranger, CPD for 4 years while he finished his Masters, USSS, on to the CAT Team for a handful of years, back to the CAT as a supervisor.
Did I mention that he's also one of the toughest people you'll ever meet?

DO NOT shoot against him... Total con man! He'll let you win the first few rounds, then when he figures out how much money you have in your pocket, things get interesting, and you go broke.

Amazing to watch on a range, he makes it look so effortlessly easy and smooth.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post