SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Safe Door Organizers? Molle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safe Door Organizers? Molle? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Got the new safe in place and bolted down. Need to get a safe door organizer. Use to hold magazines and miscellaneous things.

The door fireboard is 25W x 46T. Ideally a big huge piece of molle would be great. Then I can just buy some cheap molle mag pouches, suppressor pouches, etc. Configure how ever I want.

Any recommendations from the crew?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I looked at the molle one, but it wasn’t cost competitive with the door organizer offerings from liberty and amsec.

For example:
  • AMSEC’s: http://www.deansafe.com/amsec-pdo-retro-kits.html
  • Liberty’s: http://www.deansafe.com/aftermarket.html

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I have the one from Liberty, works for me, 6 hand gun storage and a few more mag pouches. It also has a few big pouches that can be used for all kinds of other stuff or even a few more hand guns if you want

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    I'm at home now, and have access to more bookmarks. A year or so ago, a forumite posted this really slick molle door organizer set-up.

To elaborate on my previous post, I priced out what I wanted and it was a lot more money than the AMSEC and Liberty offerings. As a caveat, I don't have spare MOLLE pouches, holsters, etc. laying around, but if the OP does then it may swing the economics.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I run trains!
    Picture of SigM4
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    I'm at home now, and have access to more bookmarks. A year or so ago, a forumite posted this really slick molle door organizer set-up.

To elaborate on my previous post, I priced out what I wanted and it was a lot more money than the AMSEC and Liberty offerings. As a caveat, I don't have spare MOLLE pouches, holsters, etc. laying around, but if the OP does then it may swing the economics.

I can vouche for these. One of the picture on their door panel page is actually from a buddy of mine. They make a nice product and stand behind their work.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I have a few velcro magazine holders now. I'm tempted to add a 16x20 molle panel and use some mag pouches I have laying around otherwise unused.

If you have to buy molle pouches, even cheapies, the cost of a molle door "system" will skyrocket quick.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of myrottiety
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SigM4:
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:

I can vouche for these. One of the picture on their door panel page is actually from a buddy of mine. They make a nice product and stand behind their work.

I was leaning toward doing something like this. But going form memory to cover my safe door it was like $170 for the molle sheet. Then I can add on some cheap molle pouches over time. I just wish there was someone that had a molle sheet for a little cheaper.

Get some suppressor pouches, mag pouches, etc. Build it out super custom over time. To exactly what I need.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Doin' what I can
    with what I got
    Picture of Rob Decker
    posted Hide Post
    Unless you plan to take storage off your safe door and put it on your kit (time consuming), don't bother. The security of attachment of MOLLE is wasted on a safe door.

Yeah it'd look cool but...$$$$$

----------------------------------------
    Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post