SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well......it's now Stage 4.....***Update on pg. 8; Got the gravy for the first time yesterday!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well......it's now Stage 4.....***Update on pg. 8; Got the gravy for the first time yesterday! Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
Lots of tests and scans the last couple of weeks, but it has been confirmed that my prostate cancer has now metastasized to the bone (Stage 4). I will begin chemo in the next couple of weeks.

I would appreciate your prayers, more so for my family than for myself. They are taking the news pretty hard.

The next phase of this journey should prove to be more "interesting".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bigboreshooter,

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers coming your way!!

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, BBS! My thoughts and prayers for you all!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Prayers

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Bigbore. My FIL went through what your going thru. Prayers and may the Lord be with you...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers are being sent for you and your family. Hang in there and give it a good fight.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you.

My younger brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Prostate cancer about 10 years ago and has been fighting it hard. He's been on several Trials now and some other treatments.

Shoot me an email if you would like to talk and I'll see if I can connect you to my brother.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Wishing you all the best, Bigboreshooter!

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear and our family's wishes and prayers to your and yours. Good luck in the coming weeks.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Oh no!!!!
I hope you get treatment and recover quickly!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Praying for strength and healing. You are a rock here on the forum. Reach out for support when you feel the need.

I agree the phases of the journey are interesting

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
May your all treatments go well, my friend! you've got this!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this BBS. Prayers for you.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24110 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Prayers lifted up.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Prayer on it's way.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You and your family are in my thoughts.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31437 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the boreshooter family.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We got this. Fight the good fight BBS!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Prayers and positive thoughts sent!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You've got more prayers, man. Especially for your family.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post