SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Is Going To Publix Today (May 25, 2018)?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who Is Going To Publix Today (May 25, 2018)? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I am setting a reminder on my iPhone, to get my narrow ass to Publix at 4:00 pm today do buy some groceries whether I need them or not.

I do not want to miss an opportunity to get in the face of any followers of David Hogg.

This is one time that I really wish Florida had open carry -- wouldn't it be great to see a lot of people with revolvers and (gasp) fully semiautomatic pistols on their belts?

It will probably turn out to be a great big nothing, but I'll buy some stuff at Publix and maybe speak a word of support to the store manager if I see him.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
The closest Publix is sadly in Virginia, and there's no way I can be there today.

Just sent a message via Publix "contact me" page saying, essentially, "don't give in."

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No Publix in the Yoop. When you visit, tell them to come up and build one.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
None here. Please post photo V Tail. Facebook Live would be even better. LOL

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'll go, too bad I'm not working in Ft Lauderdale or Miami today. If I were, I'd make my way to Parkland.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I'm in mine nearly everyday. I'll make a point to be there at 4. I really don't expect anyone "acting a fool" but I'll add my presence to the nice note I sent to Publix encouraging them NOT to be extorted.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So glad I’m in town for this. Making a point to be at the in-law’s local Publix at the appointed time.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I go to Publix generally 1-2 times per week. I have done that for several years and will continue doing it as long as I live here. Great store, great prices and selection.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Was just in there yesterday replenishing basics after returning from vacation. If I need to go again today I can certainly justify another trip.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's got free time at 4pm on a workday to go dicking around?

Grab a shopping cart if you go today.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No Publix around here

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Closest one is way down around Richmond. Sure do wish they'd get closer to me.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
None here, or I'd go investigate and and do some "shopping".

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'd go to Publix in a heartbeat if I were still in Florida. However, I'd have to travel a bit to find one where the action is. People in my county aren't likely to be protesters.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Wife just called in our deli meats order and will be heading out on a break in this rain. We live near downtown Boca so this is all local to us - Hogg is an example of idiocracy come true. Makes Owen Wilson look like a true genius...

Bet most people ignore this. Publix does more for the community than most, great employer and this bozo chooses them as a target? A**hat.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Who's got free time at 4pm on a workday to go dicking around?
Every day is a work day for me (one of the joys of owning a small business). Fortunately, except for a couple of days a month when I actually have customer contact, I have no fixed working hours. Doesn't matter if I go to the range during the day and work in the middle of the night, as long as the work gets done.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Huge Publix fan here and would gladly go if the closest was not 150 miles away.
I would love to do my weekly shopping there but being so close to Krogers home base I doubt Publix will ever bother around here.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
No Publix here. I think I'll run my leaf blower through the nearest Starbucks though, just for good measure.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Done did.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
And they caved....Publix announced they are suspending corporate funded political contributions.

Link

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post