SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You tube clowns. I hate them!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You tube clowns. I hate them! Login/Join 
posted
Let the rant begin:

I watch a lot of videos on YouTube, not really because I like them, but my wife says like to stay in a state of being about half pissed off all the time!

You tube is full of people that have egos so big, they just can't contain themselves. Now don't get me wrong, there are a few people on TyouTube that put on informative, well done presentations that show they know what the hell they are talking about and are not complete idiots...and then there are the others.

I don't intend to call any out by name, but I am sure you will recognize "the type". The first one is a fourteen year old, pimple faced nerd that puts up a video advising you on how to purchase and use an M1 Grand. Now he doesn't have any real experience with one or any meaningful insights, but he is being kind enough to "share his knowledge".

Now he appears on camera with an M1 that he said he borrowed from his sister's, across the street neighbor's, brother in law's first wife.s
s hairdresser. If that isn't enough he goes to great length to share his in depth knowledge, in painful, repetitive detail.

The next type is the wannabe mall ninja that is demonstrating some tacticool shooting technique that he feels he absolutely has to share with us mere mortals.

Typically this guy is some clown that has taken one to many tactical shooting classes. He hopes to impress you with this knowledge and prowess by engaging in quick, bizarre, unnatural body movements.

You know, you've seen the guy, he empties the magazine on his AR and just about breaks his neck snapping his head around to inspect the chamber after snapping the rifle 45 degrees to the left at Mach one. Now you, I or any other competent shooter checks a firearm for an empty chamber after emptying a magazine, but we do it in such a way you would never take notice unless you were specifically looking.These idiots seem to be just crying for attention and all the are succeeding in doing is making themselves look like idiots. Anyone that calls attention to himself by acting like a clown is world class dufuss in my book.

Yes, YouTube is a wacky, wonderful world. Just when you think you have seen narcissism and egotism at it's highest, just watch another "firearms" video on YouTube.

rant off

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gutpile Charlie,

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Looks like you're getting the same Youtube I am getting.

Set your phasers back to stun. Pour yourself a cold one, and chilax. It's only going to get worse as the years go by.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not tacticool enough to pull off the chamber inspection move, but I know what you are talking about. I also haven't figured out how to snatch the pistol back to my chest and snap my head side to side. What are they looking for out on the range? Squirrels?

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah that is annoying. I learned a lot though from Hickok 45 and some other instructional videos.
It is kind of like going to a Big Box store and trying to find the guy who really knows something. It can be very frustrating. For someone like me taking apart a complicated rifle would be impossible without watching someone doing a video showing all the steps.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hickok 45 is truly a class act. The man has something to share and he does it well. There are others, but they are rare.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem to be a medium. They are a few good ones & many bad ones or just plain nitwitz...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
The ones who think they are operators are the worst.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've been practicing these techniques for years!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
YouTube can get pretty crazy alright but I have learned that you sometimes have to click on a few videos and give it a few seconds to see if it is helpful or just garbage. Get out quick if it is just plain stupid.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am as low speed and high drag as they come and frankly I don't have da skillz many shooters have. Hell I am sure in any kind of a real gunfight I am sure to be dogmeat but all that being said........yer not sell'n me on the ole elbow reload technique. I mean I am sure GSGirlscout troop 69 pioneered this technique and it has literally turned the tide in the thin mint wars but I am too old, too unskilled and too set in my ways to learn such high speed tactical skillz as dropping my mag with my elbow or slapping a fresh mag home with one duct taped to my knee.

Alas this is why I don't fight in the war on terrorism. I'm sorry guys. I just don't have what it takes.

.......and I thought this was gonna be a James Yeager rant. But that shit above is just well.......I got nothing and that is saying something.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Yessir. I think this every freaking time I start watching some Youtube.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Every idiot with a camera phone and a YouTube account is suddenly an expert.

Because they learned if they get enough views they can get paid!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YouTube is endlessly entertaining. Where else can you see hilarious, seriously injuring fun filmed by idiots and drunks?
I also enjoy extreme squirrel launching!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I surf Ewe Toob mainly for the yuks.

If I find the occasional nugget of wisdom, so much the better.

One of the ones I'm ambivalent about is the air rifle rat massacres. Looks like a TON of fun but jeebus, he has to have enough money tied up in the rifle and the night sight to buy a pretty decent car!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch old british movies and film noir on youtube.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
Let the rant begin:

I watch a lot of videos on YouTube, not really because I like them, but my wife says like to stay in a state of being about half pissed off all the time!

rant off

And you've still watching because...? Roll Eyes

Yea, I know. Train, wreck, must see.... Wink

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
You're slipping. You forgot to add "To hell with them." Big Grin
quote:
.., but my wife says like to stay in a state of being about half pissed off all the time!

So why add fuel to the fire? Tune out the idiots. Alternatively, I'm not thrilled with signing up for a Google/YouTube account, but their videos typically have a comment section. It could be an opportunity to correct and educate. But I'm sure you'd rather just be pissed off. To be honest, and not trying to be insulting, this comes across in many of your posts.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You Tube is contributing to weeding out the gene pool. Look at all the morons getting killed video fame. Most recently, a man who thought a book would stop a .50 cal handgun round.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be "that" guy. You're contributing to the problem. YouTube/Google is monetizing your clicks. At the very least, you're adding views, giving the idiots more web credibility in the eyes of people who don't know any better.

Vote with your views (like Hickok45).

Or maybe I need to lighten up.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better yet! Start a channel! I'd subscribe Charlie!

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post