SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wendys Now Delivers!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wendys Now Delivers! Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
Went by my favorite fast food chain Wendys yesterday. I do not have any Chic-Fil-A's near my home so Wendys is my favorite go-to for a spicy chicken sandwich. The woman at the check out window told me that I can now order on-line for faster drive-thru service or order online for home delivery. It's the first fast food chain that I've heard of that now delivers. I really don't see myself using it but I thought in the past a couple of times that I didn't want to drive that it would be nice if Micky "D's" or BK would deliver just as a momentary convenience. I wonder if any other fast food chain will follow suit. I do sometimes have groceries delivered when I'm not up to it but, this is a new direction. Oh, I do like their choc shakes too, but that wouldn't fly being delivered I'm sure Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UBER eats delivers Mcdonalds and others in your area. Just download the UBER eats app. It's probably what Wendy's is using for delivery. The Wendy's by me can't even get the order right when you're standing directly in front of them at the counter, I could only imagine delivery. LOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to remember that. I’m in anchorage for a checkup on my f’ed up ankle and the America hating taxi driver I had last night refused to take. E through a drive through.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McDonald's has been delivering in our town for a year. If you're not home, they slide the hamburger under the door.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
They're going to have to do something, because the service isn't there. Wendy's was my wife's favorite chain for a drive-thru burger, but the local one had her so mad she actually called up and bitched out the lady on the corporate line and we haven't been back to one since. I've never seen her do that before. There's a Chick-Fil-A opening in town in a few months, and our chicken sandwich problems will be solved.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabibill:
McDonald's has been delivering in our town for a year. If you're not home, they slide the hamburger under the door.

Ha!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I got to say. If I ever eat a fast food burger. It's Wendys for me. If my 4 year old is with me I get Veto'ed for McDonalds. Dang Happy Meal is a crowd pleaser!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Heart disease that delivers....sweet!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'll only order if this is the delivery driver...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Um Pizza Hut has been delivering for decades... They're fast food.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
In a number of college towns, such Lawrence and Manhattan here in Kanzuz, EVERYBODY delivers.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I eat Wendys chili often. Nuther cool thing I learned. While I like most all their foods and Frostys, sometimes I just want 2 or 3 beef patties, no sandwich. They are $1.29 each and I get after them with salt, pepper and ketchup.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
Um Pizza Hut has been delivering for decades... They're fast food.

My thinking fast food places have drive-thru for fast food. Our local Pizza Hut here doesn't have drive-thru, maybe yours does though. Additionally I'm not a big fan of the Pizza Hut here locally, ordered a pizza and sides once and it was pretty greasy and soggy..your's may vary. My wife does like the Dominos here, she customizes a cheese pizza her way and with a crispy thin crust, it's actually pretty good. I mostly purchase the chicken sandwiches, especially Wendy's, they're pretty good at our local place. Not a fan of Micky-D's or BK burgers around here, they're fairly greasy. Wendy's is a step above at this local Wendy's, and yes, the chili's not too bad either.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hah, big deal...

We had a Wendy in high school who really delivered.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The Wendy at our high school delivered the clap.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Hah, big deal...

We had a Wendy in high school who really delivered.

Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I'll only order if this is the delivery driver...

Heck... to the YEAH!

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post