SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Country singer Loretta Lynn had stroke, hospitalized
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Country singer Loretta Lynn had stroke, hospitalized Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Glad she's expected to make a full recovery.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A publicist for country music legend Loretta Lynn says she has been hospitalized after having a stroke.

Maria Malta confirmed Friday that the 85-year-old singer and songwriter was admitted into a Nashville hospital on Thursday night after suffering the stroke at her home in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee.

Lynn's website says she is responsive and expected to make a full recovery.

It says Lynn has been advised by doctors to stay off the road while she recuperates, and upcoming scheduled shows will be postponed.

Born a Kentucky coal miner's daughter, Lynn had a string of hits starting in the 1960s with the biographical "Coal Miner's Daughter," "You Ain't Woman Enough," "The Pill," and "One's on the Way." Her songs reflect pride in her humble background and speak frankly of her experiences.

Her 1977 autobiography was made into a popular movie that brought an Oscar for Sissy Spacek's portrayal of the singer. More recently, she won two Grammy Awards in 2005 for her album "Van Lear Rose."

She continues to tour and record regularly, but had to postpone shows last year after suffering injuries in a fall that required surgery. She is set to release a new album this August.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...ke-hospitalized.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch. She's a good one.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad she's expected to make a full recovery.

Excellent news.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Great to hear she will be ok, she is good people. I was at her Ranch in Hurricane Mills 12 years in a row, for the first week in August. In addition to the activities going on, I enjoyed taking a break and going down by her house and getting a burger and ice cream.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Wishing her a full and speedy recovery.
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
I was at her Ranch in Hurricane Mills 12 years in a row
Back when my wife and I both rode, the BMW Motorcycle Owners Association had a national rally every year, always at a large campground. 1980 or thereabouts it was at Loretta Lynn's ranch. Somewhere around six thousand motorcyclists camping there for the better part of a week.

Evidently, the small businesses in the area had never seen that sort of volume. I stopped in a store to pick up a few extra rolls of film. The storekeeper just gave me a blank look and said that he was sold out. He had heard there were going to be a bunch of people in town, so he had ordered a dozen extra rolls!

The BBQ places were all totally sold out. "We slaughtered all the hogs in this part of the state. Had to send to Chicago for more."

A road crew from the local Public Works department was checking the water lines, a mile or so from the ranch. We asked what they were looking for. They were trying to locate a leak, because water pressure had dropped drastically in town. I asked them if they knew that there were thousands of people camping at the ranch, with 24 hour non-stop lines waiting for showers. "I think we done found our leak," one of them said.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Evidently, the small businesses in the area had never seen that sort of volume.

They figured it out - in 1981 became the start of the center of the Amateur Motocross World. For that week, thousands now show up, hotels are packed. Most pro's made the trek at some point as an amateur. She would show up at the track some years.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post