SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Political action committees: Where do you send your money?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Political action committees: Where do you send your money? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
I'd like to make some political donations, for the midterm elections. I already sent some to the NRA but I'd like to support some candidates. Nevada is so Blue I feel like I'm pissing away money spent locally on individual races.
Where do you send your money to do the most good?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don’t support greedy crooked politicians. However we did pay $24,000 in Fed taxes last year. Kids are out, House is almost paid off. We got $3,000 back. Yahoo!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as political contributions...VERY selective as to which individual candidates we support. No longer support the National Republican Committee. Narrowed other contributions down to Judicial Watch.
As far as general support...
St. Jude’s, Shriner’s and a few others plus some local individuals in occasional need.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
Sorry, I don’t support greedy crooked politicians. However we did pay $24,000 in Fed taxes last year. Kids are out, House is almost paid off. We got $3,000 back. Yahoo!

I basically agree, which is why I'm having a hard time deciding how best to make sure the Democrats don't retake Congress. I don't like the Republicans, either, but the Libertarians aren't likely to make a strong showing, any time soon.
Other than vote, what else can you do?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We support carefully selected individual candidates recommended by folks such as the bloggers at powerlineblog.com.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post