SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about night/thermal vision devices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about night/thermal vision devices Login/Join 
posted
I’ve been thinking about a night vision monocular. Nothing fancy just something to look through. There doesn’t seem to be anything out there that’s not loaded with “xtras” like wi-if, GPS, video/photo etc. maybe I’m not looking in the right place - don’t know.

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is a trusted vendor

https://tnvc.com/

not affiliated in any way

the 'good stuff' ain't cheap

----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve looked at their stuff and I know the good stuff is expensive. That’s exactly my point. Look at the ATN offerings. They have a reasonably priced monocular. How much more reasonable could the price be if it wasn’t loaded with HD video, etc.

I’ll probably get one anyway and never use most of the features.

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Depends on how much you want to spend vs what you want or expect. I have two Gen 1 spotters that I paid a total of $150 for and then I just bought a gen2+ Monocular that is really sweet for $750. As good as you need and as close as you’ll get to a Gen 3 without paying thousands (at least one you can mount on your rifle as well.). D300 Gen2+ new for $1050 at Opticsplanet. If you want to pay less and get a. It less but decent look at the Armasight Spark Core. Hope that helps.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does. Thanks very much. Probably go with the D300. I don’t mind spending for what I want - just loathe paying for features I don’t want or need

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
whatever you end up getting, make sure that the tube is able to handle that recoil - not all nvg can work on everything

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post