SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida home invaders met by guy with AR-15 and 30 rounds to expend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida home invaders met by guy with AR-15 and 30 rounds to expend Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:
Deputies: 30 rounds fired from AR-15 in deadly Florida home invasion

GLEN ST. MARY, Fla - Three men say they were asleep inside a mobile home in Glen St. Mary about 4 a.m. Sunday when they heard a voice outside yell “Sheriff’s Office!” before the front door burst open.

In stormed a masked gunman who fired off a single round before two of the men inside, one armed with an AR-15 rifle and the other with a handgun, emerged from two bedrooms and opened fire.

(Left to right: Bell, Watkins, Cayden Lauramore, Albino)

Gunfire ripped into the masked gunman and two other intruders, who crumpled to the floor with multiple gunshot wounds.

Those details surfaced Tuesday when the Baker County Sheriff’s Office released an arrest report linked to this weekend’s home invasion turned deadly triple shooting.

Five people are charged in the case. Investigators suspect the home invasion escalated from an ongoing feud between two groups that was stoked by social media threats.

The victims told deputies they acted in self-defense when they turned their guns on the intruders, with one of them estimating he fired over 30 rounds from an AR-15 before the threat was over.

Afterward, the victims retreated to another part of the home before they dialed 911, according to the report. None of them was hurt during the shooting.

The same cannot be said for the intruders, several of whom were inside a vehicle deputies intercepted as it sped away from the mobile home off County Road 125.

One of them, Corey Lauramore, died of gunshot wounds to the head. An unidentified 16-year-old remains hospitalized, and a third suspect, William Lauramore, was treated and released to police.

Investigators found a heavy amount of dried blood caked on the front steps of the home, a bloodstained mask with a bullet hole through it and a .380 caliber handgun lying nearby, the report said.

They also recovered an AR-15 rifle and a 9MM handgun inside the home.

The Sheriff's Office said the five individuals charged in the case were among a group of seven that went to the mobile home that morning to confront and fight the group staying there.

William Lauramore, 24; Joseph Albino, 24; Zachary Bell, 20; Christian Watkins, 19; and Cayden Lauramore, 15, are charged with home invasion. But additional charges are possible.

Albino, Bell and Watkins provided conflicting details about their involvement in the shooting, but all three said they had no idea others in their group had brought weapons along, according to the report.

Damn. Who'll cure cancer now?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Additional charges possible? Really?

Like firing a weapon at someone else and attempting to murder them? Yup, sounds like a prosecutable offense.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Well the gene pool just got a little cleaner!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Cayden is gonna be popular in prison

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
This has to be drug related, on both sides.

Something smells off.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Lol, I was just thinking that.

He's pretty.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Who writes these things? Don Pendleton?

"Gunfire ripped into the masked gunman and two other intruders, who crumpled to the floor with multiple gunshot wounds."

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the article is poorly written, and apparently by someone who wants to write cheap crime fiction novels.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Lol, I was just thinking that.

He's pretty.
Necrophilia? He's dead, Jim.
quote:
Lauramore died of gunshot wounds to the head.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Read the article again, please, and let's cut this "he's pretty" shit.

posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... Mobile home. I wonder how many neighboring structures caught some .223?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Sounds like someone pissed off the Lauramore clan.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Mensa ain’t missing any members.

BTW, the dude with the Albino last name sure ain’t albino

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Damn, you hear "Sheriff's office," and how do you consider the possibility it isn't?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Damn, you hear "Sheriff's office," and how do you consider the possibility it isn't?
If you have an ongoing feud with someone, and already anticipate a home invasion.

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

Generally speaking, because I haven't committed any crimes and there is absolutely no reason for the Sheriff's department to be kicking in my door at 4am.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
... a bloodstained mask with a bullet hole through it....

quote:
Corey Lauramore, died of gunshot wounds to the head.

I deduce Corey wore the mask and is a Lauramore no more.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, the dude with the Albino last name sure ain’t albino

You mean "Joseph Albino"....or Joe Albino to his friends. I imagine that he's gotten much grief over this. Almost on par with Gaylord Focker.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post