SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    School Fined $$$ for Punishing Students
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School Fined $$$ for Punishing Students Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
Wife came home today from their first school meeting. Apparently their inner city school system "punished" too many of a certain race of boy students and was fined a few hundred thousand dollars! This is NO joke! Never mind they make up about 1/2 of the student population. The class she had last year was the absolute worst behaving kids she has ever had in her teaching career. The principal and VP of the school were about worthless of doing anything that resembled punishment. Basically the kids get written up, sent to the principals office, talked to and sent back. It takes an act of God to get suspended or expelled and obviously there is no spanking at this school. The idiots are in running the kingdom. The kids know that nothing will happen to them and have zero respect for the teaching and administrative staff.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It's about keeping the federal money turned on, not about education.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
It's about keeping the federal money turned on, not about education.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Money keeps the No Child Left Behind program running smoothly. It doesn't matter we are turning out illiterate school kids who are undisciplined and unable to cope in life.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Every conservative parent that I know, I tell them to buy ammo and a legacy arsenal for their children.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Can I get some money from the nuns who whacked me with a ruler?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a teacher, I can tell you this is nationwide. It is a frustrating and disheartening act by the previous presidential administration to lower the number of suspensions/expulsions for....well you know. If a student falls into this demographic AND is labeled as a "special education" student, you can forget about any type of discipline that removes the student for more than 10 school days in a school year. Short of killing someone, they can't be touched.

Had a student who threatened numerous teachers with physical violence in a 2 week span. He'd already used all of his "out" days. School couldn't do a damn thing. Kid was back in the same teacher's classes within the hour.

Use/sell drugs...come on back. Threaten school staff...meh, I'm sure you had a good reason. Continual bullying of other students...must have been triggered. Arson...insurance has you covered.

Teacher morale is at an all time low and this is sinking a lot of them lower. So much so that in our district, teachers are quitting/retiring in mass. New teachers don't last much past 5 years anymore.

Gotta hang in there for 8 more years myself and do my job to the best of my ability. Then I'll be in the dirty 30 club, draw my retirement and pray for the new teachers.

CT

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Future customers of the criminal justice system there. It will take a very long time for our country to recover from the 8 years of shit we endured.

Posts: 13107 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Well, pants aside, you turned out OK Kevin. So no money for you. We only reward those who don't deserve it.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

Well, pants aside, you turned out OK Kevin. So no money for you. We only reward those who don't deserve it.

What if I quit my job, get an EBT card and march in the streets for bullshit causes... then can I have some money?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a parent problem. It is not the job of the school to raise the child to not be some hellion on the streets. The school should be expected, at most, to keep order during the school day, ongoing bad behavior is the problem of, and the result of lack of attention on the matter from, the parent.

tl;dr - ain't enough ass whippings at home.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

What if I quit my job, get an EBT card and march in the streets for bullshit causes... then can I have some money?

Certainly. But you wouldn't take it.

Stolen from a JAllen post:
quote:
“I thought of what Daddy had said when I asked him why he’d never gone on public assistance. ‘Because they take away your manhood,’ he said.” – Clarence Thomas

Seems like just yesterday you were posting about going through the police academy. I think we chose well by encouraging you.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Sigh.... true...