SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canada Slams Door On Illegal Immigrants Kicked Out Of U.S.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada Slams Door On Illegal Immigrants Kicked Out Of U.S. Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
President Trump announced that he would not extend the seventeen-year-long “temporary protected status” for Salvadoran refugees, essentially ordering them to return home within 18 months.

But as many on the left decry Trump for not extending the protections, Canada has been very quick to dissuade the 200,000 Salvadorans affected from coming up north.

The Canadian government sent a Spanish-speaking member of Parliament to California, to make a media tour actively discouraging any migration.

"Canada has a robust and structured immigration system that must be respected," explained Canadian MP Pablo Rodriguez. "Before leaving your job, pulling your child from school and selling your house to come to Canada, make sure you understand the rules and the laws. Because if you don't fill these criteria, chances are you'll be returned, not to the U.S. but to your native country."

Canada took a similar tack when Trump removed a protected status from Haitian refugees.

Canada’s refusal to welcome refugees leaving the United States comes as a stark contrast to the words put forth by their left-leaning Prime Minister Justin Trudeau last year.

As Trump announced his refugee ban on visitors and immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries, Trudeau wrote a widely circulated op-ed, saying, "To those fleeing persecution, terror and war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength.”

However, despite Trudeau’s big words, it’s clear that his government has repeatedly been unwilling to put their money where their mouth is once the reality of the situation becomes apparent.

http://americanactionnews.com/...nts-kicked-out-of-us

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Why am I not surprised at this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
but yet Canadians seem to relish the idea that Trump is a racist Nazi for wanting to control who enters our country

I find it iron that they're doing the same thing..

sweet

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

"Canada has a robust and structured immigration system that must be respected," explained Canadian MP Pablo Rodriguez.

That's racist!

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Trudeau's tweet last year is what caused the mass migration toward Canada in response to the protected status lifting (Canada removed similar protections 2 years prior, but you don't hear anything about that, do you?). Rhetoric seems to be the only thing politicians know how to use anymore, and JTs main concern is the perception of Canada in the world. "Diversity is our strength" is such a bullshit term, not proven in any way. I'd say there is more evidence of the contrary....but that's racist.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I thought Canada was as diverse as every nation that is not the US. ya know, not? We are the melting pot for a reason, not them

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are the melting pot for a reason, not them

Yea, becase we don't enforce our immigration laws or borders, they do. It's time we started.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
they're Canadians - they think they're morally superior to everyone else (and I am a Canadian so don't flame out over this) - they always have bad things to say about Americans as if they hold the moral compass of the universe

and Trudeau - he's the Canadian version of Obama - a smug, narcissistic little bastard who should go back to teaching preschool coloring

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
they're Canadians - they think they're morally superior to everyone else (and I am a Canadian so don't flame out over this) - they always have bad things to say about Americans as if they hold the moral compass of the universe

and Trudeau - he's the Canadian version of Obama - a smug, narcissistic little bastard who should go back to teaching preschool coloring

Your description of JT is spot on. I can't stand that virtue signalling, naive drama teacher.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thank you - no offense to my Canadian friends on this board as they're not the 'usual' Canadians I run into

Christmas was a bust this year because my entire family wanted to talk about nothing but Trump and how evil and racist he is

I kept asking which policy of his they didn't like, and it always reverted back to personality and style over substance

I love my family but its getting harder and harder to be around them for more than 10 minutes

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
America, the great melting pot!

I love it when someone trots out this argument...

Fine. I have no problem with that, in theory.
Problem is, these people don't want to melt.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
thank you - no offense to my Canadian friends on this board as they're not the 'usual' Canadians I run into

Christmas was a bust this year because my entire family wanted to talk about nothing but Trump and how evil and racist he is

I kept asking which policy of his they didn't like, and it always reverted back to personality and style over substance

I love my family but its getting harder and harder to be around them for more than 10 minutes

the canadians pride themselves on being so informed about the US because they read the NYT or LA Times. The US mass media has distorted what they think they know.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
America, the great melting pot!.....

THAT.....is the issue I have with these leeches being here illegally. And even legally, if one doesn't contribute to our society.

Spot on, cparktd!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem with a melting pot is that the scum always rises to the top.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember

Why would want to punish those poor little children?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember

Why would you want to punish those poor little children?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe your family would consider adopting my SIL.
The depth of derangement is downright disturbing.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Canada has a robust and structured immigration system that must be respected," explained Canadian MP Pablo Rodriguez.

Respect for an immigration system....now, there's an idea.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
So Canada sent their token Hispanic MP to California to discourage other Hispanics to stay away. How very hypocritical. As long as he got his, right?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Hey, if the Canadians catch these illegal Salvadorans coming from the US, will they deport them back to El Salvador?

Took a tour through the Canadian Rockies. Nice people, polite, but the dislike of Americans was very strong.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post