SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Zoom Party for SIG Forum on Sunday, April 5th
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zoom Party for SIG Forum on Sunday, April 5th Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Dang it.
Sorry I missed this week's meeting, guys.
Hope to see you next week?

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
That was great, Can’t wait till next week.

Bring yer guns! Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Good to see you guys.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
An excellent way to spend some time with formerly invisible friends. Two thumbs up!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Tried cheese already but it didn't find a device.
0-0

Ahh, no USB devices like a camera, etc, no usb device driver loaded. No worries.

Let's break this out to a separate thread.
If you don't mind, please create?

Add in the lsusb output, the version of Mint ...
And the hardware - make/model of the laptop.

Lastly, you installed Mint, but haven't got updates for the software list or updates/patches yet?

#for updated sw list:
sudo apt-get update

#for updates and patches
sudo apt-get upgrade

See you on the new thread.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I will say that it was an interesting experience, but with audio only not very satisfying. Unless I can figure out how to parcipate with video I probably won't do it again.

I did try using the link given in the message but it never did a download and going directly to Zoom just brought up a signin page with no way to create a login. Obviously, this tool is beyond my capabilities.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... flashguy ...

If you went to https://zoom.us/ page, up the top, to the right of center, is the "Join a Meeting" link.

Click on that.

The next screen displayed, offers to enter the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name, and the Join button.

Enter just the numeric code that ramius provides and click Join.

There will be a popup or prompt to connect to the zoom app, or use the browser.

Whichever, be sure to click on use Computer Audio/Video.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
His problem is neither his phone or computer has the capability. I don't know how this stuff works. Can he call in and at the same time see everyone from computer?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^

Yes, that can be achieved, but the conference numeric code still has to be used on the computer browser to be able to see the video.

Do need to be sure that the computer audio is off/muted, to avoid audio echoes that result when both computer and phone audio are active.

Kerry Packer

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
^^

Yes, that can be achieved, but the conference numeric code still has to be used on the computer browser to be able to see the video.

Do need to be sure that the computer audio is off/muted, to avoid audio echoes that result when both computer and phone audio are active.
OK, I'll give that a try. It was not at all obvious that there was a "join" tab to be selected. Do I have to have resident software on my computer?

flashguh

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
No resident software needed.

When you join a meeting, you can elect to download Zoom to your computer.

If you choose not to, Zoom will auto install a Zoom web client, no further download needed.

Well, that's the hope and plan!

--chris

Kerry Packer

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
As I even figured it out it can't be too hard.

Good time.

Do you plan on keeping the same schedule weekly?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rscalzo,

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Do you plan on keeping the same schedule weekly?

We can if people find it useful and comforting.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
To enhance security, you will need to have an account to join Zoom Meetings now.

It is free. Just click here to get started. Sign Up for Zoom Free

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Next Sunday is Easter Sunday. No Zoom Party.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

posted Hide Post
Thanks again for hosting these - it is great to see and hear from other members!
Happy Easter Everyone!

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Rolan...After connecting via email today I came and found this thread. I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger the past few weeks and haven't been able to keep up with the forum. Thanks for your help today and I'll look out for the next group Zoom meeting. Have a good one!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Rolan...After connecting via email today I came and found this thread. I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger the past few weeks and haven't been able to keep up with the forum. Thanks for your help today and I'll look out for the next group Zoom meeting. Have a good one!

BamaJeepster, I'll let you know.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
is a meeting on for today?

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

is a meeting on for today?

quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

Next Sunday is Easter Sunday. No Zoom Party.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post