SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a good source for free or cheap audiobooks?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a good source for free or cheap audiobooks? Login/Join 
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Plus, I can download books to my device via Hoopla and not use my cellphone's data while listening.
You can do the same with Overdrive.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Also check out podcasts. There are some very good ones out there on a variety of subjects.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
If you have amazon prime offers free books/audio etc to Prime members

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/nonprime-pr

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Just going to reiterate Audible and podcasts.

Audible is worth it for the book credit every month. I have resolved that I need to "read" more. I have also resolved that I will "read" one book each month. For $15/mo., I can accomplish that hassle-free. Totally worth the money.

The rest of my drive-time is taken up by various podcasts. Podcasts are fantastic entertainment, if you get into the right ones. I have been straight-up addicted to podcasting since two radio guys down here in Orlando went podcast-exclusive. You can listen to history podcasts, political podcasts, radio show podcasts, true crime podcasts, entertainment podcasts, you name it, there's probably a podcast out there for it.

A few really good pods to get you started would be:

The History of Rome Podcast
The Jocko Podcast
The Joe Rogan Experience
The Adam Carolla Show
The Myths and Legends Podcast
The Tim Ferriss Show
The Nerdist Podcast
Louder With Crowder

Think of them as free entertainment, like radio, with literally none of radio's limitations like segment-length, lots of ads breaking the flow, or program direction. It's a person, a mic, maybe an interview, and entertainment ensues.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post