SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wayfinding App for smartphone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wayfinding App for smartphone? Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
I'm looking at doing some ATV riding in northern MN and looking at some maps online from the Superior National forest it says "Downloadable map files are geo-referenced for use with smart phone wayfinding apps and some GPS devices."

I tried searching the App store (Apple) for "wayfinding" and "wayfinding MN" but did not find anything useful. Can anyone recommend an app or steer me in the right direction?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Do they mean Google Maps or Waze??

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know lots of people use their smart phone as a GPS or as a mapping tool.
I wouldn't.
Get a stand alone GPS unit, preferably a model that accepts map programs from an SD card.
I use Garmin GPS units exclusively.
Save your phone battery for an emergency call.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Backcountry Navigator Pro.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post