SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Milo's book "Dangerous" karma (ended) Now with a review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milo's book "Dangerous" karma (ended) Now with a review Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
WINNER IS RAMIUS! Ramius, please contact me at the eddress in my profile. I need you snail mail address!!

As for the rest of you deplorables, I am going to send a hardcopy to Stickman428, with the request that when he's done and posted a selfie of himself reading it in some liberal bastion, he send it to the next member in the thread.

I am offering for karma a Kindle version of Milo Yiannopoulos' book Dangerous, or, if you are a serious troll, a hardcopy version (subject to item 6 in the list below).

Even the New York Times had to admit it is a BESTSELLER!!! It appeared at number 4 last week and is five this week.

quote:
New this week
DANGEROUS
by Milo Yiannopoulos
Dangerous Books
The alt-right provocateur criticizes political correctness.

Mind you, I've not yet read it, but its up for karma any way.

Rules:

1. You've got to be a SIGforum member as of 11/08/2016.
2. You've got to promise a review it here once you've read it.
3. You have to post something Milo-related in this thread.
4. You must reply to the notification of karmic selection within 48 hours.
5. You must note in your "include me" that there are two number 4 entries in this list.
4. Drawing is Sunday night 23 July 2017, around 2100 Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
6. If you promise to post a selfie of you reading it in a Starbucks, I'll get you a hardcopy version. Once you've read the hardcopy, I ask that you rekarma it to another person who'll take a selfie reading it in Starbucks.

Good luck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I'm a serious troll (aka I burned out my Kindle, so I'd need the dead tree version), and would not only take it to Starbucks, here in Massachusetts, but also to Nantucket, should I be the lucky winner, and possibly even get a picture of it with a famous donkey-politician's sailing vessel. Only catch is I head there on August 9, so...it would be subject to winning and receipt for the Nantucket voyage.

So even though there are two rule #4s, I'd be more than willing to rekarma it to another like-minded soul when I finish it.

In, please.

Smile

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
There appears to be two number 4 entries on this list. Include me please.

I'll make sure I take a selfie reading it in Starubucks.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about making a thread about this. I LOVE Milo!!(no homo) Milo's Facebook page is one of the only reasons I have not deleted my account....it's one of the best places on the internet.

It is so excellent to see his book selling well. I also struggle with counting past the number 4. Please toss my name in the hat. Cool

One of his best trolls.

And with Sean Spicer resigning today.... Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rules:

1. You've got to be a SIGforum member as of 11/08/2016.
2. You've got to promise a review it here once you've read it.
3. You have to post something Milo-related in this thread.
4. You must reply to the notification of karmic selection within 48 hours.
5. You must note in your "include me" that there are two number 4 entries in this list.
4. Drawing is Sunday night 23 July 2017, around 2100 Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
6. If you promise to post a selfie of you reading it in a Starbucks, I'll get you a hardcopy version. Once you've read the hardcopy, I ask that you rekarma it to another person who'll take a selfie reading it in Starbucks.
Okay, here we go:
  1. Yup, I have been a member since January 2010.
  2. Yes, I will be pleased to post a review if I'm the winner.
  3. I'll have to come back and do that after I read the book. While I have certainly heard of him, I don't watch TV and I don't know enough about him ... yet.
  4. I'll watch for the drawing.
  5. Why are there two number 4 items in your list?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh, I love the Starbucks idea! Maybe we could start a thread or image gallery of Dangerous in Starbucks.

Sadly, there are two #4 rules, but I'd gladly abide by both. Even more sadly, google seems to be "censoring" Milo searches. When you search "Milo" pictures, you get a ton of this:

what is this crap????

Posts: 432 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Okay, I'm in it just so I can do Number 6!

It'll be a stretch for me to do it as that's 4 more than I normally do but I'm committed.

And i'll wear a Milo shirt that is similar in this Link.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Back to the top for anyone who missed the thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Absolutely include the Marzy!

I hate leftists so much that I would absolutely do #6 in fucking downtown Atlanta right in Piedmont Park!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might get killed trying to read it in a Starbucks in Maryland but I'm in. If milo can attempt Berkeley I can do this. Why two 4's? Are you a odd number bigot? Include me please, I promise to review and re karma. Pete

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love a shot at the hardcover version. Not only will I post a selfie reading it in Starbucks but I will also take a selfie reading it in front of our POS governors house in Stamford CT.
As to the 2 rules listed as #4 well the sequence is 4,5,6 but who am I to complain
Milos Facebook page is quite amusing. And his dangerous faggot tour videos were not only funny but with any hope woke some people up to realize the only way to freedom is through true conservative beliefs.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll drive to Ann Arbor and read it dead center of the UofM campus (we'll call it Starbucks).

Confused by the 2 #4s.

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave!!!

I'm tagging this so I don't lose the thread when it comes time for this copy to travel to its next stop.

With a SigForum coin and a particular set of friends close by, I'll storm the ne'er do well stronghold of Nantucket and do my deplorable best to upset some snowflakes Smile

This should prove to be a hoot.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Winner announcement bump

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Wahoo! Thanks Sig2340! I'll be in contact!

Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I decided to write a longer review, one that appears to have been accepted by Amazon. Here it is:

5 out of 5 stars
Funny, gay as all get out, and a heart attack for leftists

Dangerous... the stuff of dreams... Freedom. Honesty. And so much more

Milo. Thank God for Milo. He is quite possibly the most important celebrity of this period in history. He is courageous, funny, gay as all get out, and most of all, a true believer in the freedom to be, do, live, and say whatever you please, so long as doing so does not involve actual, physical violence against others.

It's a sad thing that the savior of American conservativism and libertarian thought is a gay man from Britain. Well, even if we wouldn't admit it openly, we all knew the RINOs and neocons were not going to save us for they have neither the courage nor desire to upset their own pork barrels.

Milo, if you read this, I want to buy you a beer. Not some liberal craft beer made from fair trade grain, organic gluten free sustainably grown boutique hops, and the honey from free range non-GMO bees, but a real working man's beer. The stuff you drink for taste and effect, not its calorie count.

Now, on to the book review.

The book is pure Milo. Dangerously loud, self-aggrandizing stories of why so many elements of the leftist machine hate him.

But it also a very cautionary tale. He goes into the insidious ways the leftists are destroying American and British conservativism in particular and conservatism generally. By social ostracization and outright character assassination for failing to kowtow to the leftists' Gods and ideology. How the media and various parts of the tech world are doing everything they can to shape the views of people though disingenuously claiming to be bias free all the while actively being anything but bias free. By deliberately allowing their employees and algorithms to give preference to anti-conservative news and personalities (Hey! Zuckerberg (of Farcebook) and Schmidt (of Googlieyes) - ya'll hear that?). How the rise of the great fake news outlets ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, and NPR and the overt leftist bias of the rest of the so-called mainstream media almost finished off America by convincing everyone the election of Felonia von Pantsuit as President was an inevitability. The very real danger of ISIS-style Islamofascism and its unflinching desire to exterminate all kaffirs (as they call all non-Islamofascists), subjugate women under the tyranny of a rapist culture where women are property (and I'm not only referring to those they condemn to slavery), and murder every last person who is LGBTQ.

But he also challenges conservatives with ideas for how to combat the insidious creep of leftist (and LGBTQ and RINO) Groupthink. For example, unleashing the power of anti-trust law on any social media platform that claims to be bias free when they actively are anything but bias free. How to encourage the LGBTQ community to abandon their slavish grovelling before the Democratic party by getting the conservative establishment to stop championing dumb ideas that infringe on LGBTQ persons' ability to live as they choose to live.

I will say this against it - I could probably edit it down to about 50 pages of examples of leftist ideological jihad tactics and Milo's effective means of countering those techniques and destroying the leftist jihadi opposition.

I highly recommend reading it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I just finished the book about an hour ago.

I can certainly see why the left, and some of the establishment right hate this guy.

I doubt you will find this in most campus bookstores or public libraries.

Keep up the good fight, Milo.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
No review yet, as I am only partailly through it. My own issue... the book is a pretty easy read. So far though, I like his style. Brash and to the point. Some may mistake his style for arrogance, but I recognize it as raw emotion and reason.

My copy did make the trip to Nanny-tucket, and I added a sticker to the book's cover from there.

Jeepin' at the beach...with really bad tan lines!

SF Challenge coin at the Nantucket Boat Basin docks

Outside Murray's Toggery Shop, Main St. Nantucket... don't mind the grin- I overheard some precious snowflakes making a comment about the book.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
In the belly of the beast!

Nice is overrated