SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging Chowser....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Chowser.... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
In the Star Wars thread you mentioned you had several sabers from Vaders Vault. I am about to drop some cash, so I was wondering your opinion. Do you also own other brands? Ultrasaber or Saber Forge, etc?

Have my my eye on the dark ardent from Vaders Vault, wondering if you think they are worth the premium, can they handle actual sparring with the kids?

The Vault website isn't the best, it doesn't show a lot of the options, blade colors, weathering, etc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I got two from KyberLight and love them. My brother has several from them. All have been great for us in sparring fun ! Theyve always got a deal going on to build your own saber for a decent price.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You're going to pay for them. Smile

I've had several Ultrasabers from the beginning when they started. They weren't that great in quality. Their sabers are usually THICK.

I've got five sabers from VV and love them.

One is almost ten years old and it's from before they were famous. I gifted it to a coworker's son. I have a Master Replicas Yoda conversion (can't find it, might be in storage) from them and then I took a break from sabers for a while. Just started back with them last year with a Havoc and Fury then the Hero (Luke Ep6). I have a Flex (Luke/Rey) on order with the new pixel blade design.

None of mine are weathered. I'll email pics when I get a chance (probably Monday afternoon).

The Luke Hero and Fury have the older crystal shard 3 soundboard, the Havoc has the newer crystal shard 4 card. Not sure what the Flex will have.

The Fury and Havoc are RBG. Has three different sound fonts. I can switch between colors on the fly. The Luke Hero is actually a blue LED with their "Photon" blade which when mixed with the blue light makes it look movie green.

The Flex with the pixel blade is I believe RGB.

I started in the saber collecting stuff way back in the day. I had issues with the Saberforge and never got it resolved so I stopped buying from them. Don't know what they are like now but I hear their electronics installs are garbage. If you like a design, I'd get it empty and find a reputable installer to install a better soundcard.

I also have Obi-Wan's EP4 saber made by Korbanth with a Nano Biscotte 4 soundcard and waiting on an Obi-Wan EP1 saber install as well.

Head over to the https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/
for some reviews. it's not as busy since most of them moved to facebook.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I am ordering a Dark Ardent, its calling to me!

I can see where this will get expensive

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
20 week lead time... Damn!

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Haha. It’s the norm.
I ordered my Flex on 11/10/17.
Still waiting patiently...

Should be any day now...

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had no idea that such things existed or were something someone would collect.

What does one do with them? Do people have mock sword fights, or are they dress-up accessories? Is this like a society for creative anachronisms?

Is that a flourescent light that screws onto the front?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post