SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Sessions has resigned upon request
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Sessions has resigned upon request Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
What a change Christie would be from Sessions! I'm more than ready for someone who isn't meek and mild mannered. Christie would certainly fill that bill.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
as I recall, Sessions was a good Senator - wonder if he might go back after that slot?

I believe there's been some talk about this already.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
I'm all for the rule of law, but at this point in time, I hope Trump appoints a democrat hating rabid freaking dog.

I want to see some assholes go down hard.

Then my mom is certainly qualified for the job if that’s the only qulification. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
I'm all for the rule of law, but at this point in time, I hope Trump appoints a democrat hating rabid freaking dog.

I want to see some assholes go down hard.

Agreed. The Dems were all over the radio yesterday crowing about how they'll be able to investigate, investigate, investigate because "the people deserve to know the truth, and now we can pursue it."

Great. I'm more of the mindset that says "You had your two years of investigations. Now it's our turn to investigate some stuff the people have been demanding oversight on, namely corruption and influence peddling in the last administration and by the loser of the 2016 Presidential election. It's our side's turn to have shit investigated since we deserve to know the truth. Let's all get splashed with some of it."

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
as I recall, Sessions was a good Senator - wonder if he might go back after that slot?

I never considered him a good Senator. He's swampy.

Good riddance. I hope he goes home and removes himself from the spotlight.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Chris Christie?

Hell no. He hasn't seen a clue in ages.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
quote:
quote:

How is Doug Jones working for you in Alabama? Did he vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh? Is he pro Second Amendment?

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I heard Chris Christie's name floated last night by Laura Ingraham. It certainly wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. I think he'd do very well actually. He and the President see to have a good, trusting relationship.

The only hiccup would be the bridgegate nonsense, but with an overwhelming majority in the Senate, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I saw the same segment and all three of his esteemed guests thought he would be a good choice given his experience as a prosecutor, demeanor, and relationship with President Trump. I would not have a problem with him if President Trump trusts he could do the job.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/la...jeff-sessions-as-ag/

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
quote:
quote:

How is Doug Jones working for you in Alabama? Did he vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh? Is he pro Second Amendment?

Doug Jones doesn't work for me. I don't like him either.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I don't care who DJT puts in there, as long as whoever it is goes in with a swinging 2 handed broad sword, and starts using it immediately to clean up that part of the swamp!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Christie would be a bad choice. Christie has always been about Christie first and he has shown fondness for the Democrats and the swamp at times and disregard for Republicans. Remember his speech at the Republican convention that was all about him and a non endorsement for Romney?

I'm leaning towards Janice Brown right now. The idea that she served with Kavanaugh and knows him well she was no doubt pissed by the treatment he got from the dems not to mention they held her confirmation up for 2 years to the California Supreme Court. The Kavanaugh wound is still raw with the Dems and putting her in as AG would dump some salt in that wound.

She's conservative and very intelligent. Might have a bit of ax to grind as well. Your not supposed to bring a ax to grind into the AG office but I think Eric Holder did away with that notion.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A name that comes to mind as the replacement USAG who has been a very strong supporter of Trump and would likely go after Hillary hard for her crimes is Louie Gohmert.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
A name that comes to mind as the replacement USAG who has been a very strong supporter of Trump and would likely go after Hillary hard for her crimes is Louie Gohmert.

Hmm not bad, hadn't thought of Louie. The more I read about Whitaker he may be well just being left there. He came out after Comey's "Any reasonable prosecutor would not prosecute this case" and said as reasonable prosecutor he damn well would!

Regardless we need a swamp drainer and a fearless prosecutor in there. Trump will make the right decision. Unless it's Christie imo.

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Someone mentioned Lyndsey Graham for AG with Nikki Haley taking over his Senate seat.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone mentioned Lyndsey Graham for AG with Nikki Haley taking over his Senate seat.

Nikki Haley might be the better choice of the two. Lyndsey had his moment during the Kavanaugh confirmation but he had been awful weak kneed for a awful long time before that. We don't need a AG that has the possibility of reverting back to being weak kneed.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It has been reported that by law Whitaker cannot be nominated to fill a position he is holding in a temporary mode, so apparently he won't be a consideration.

I like Christie's aggressive nature, but he is quite anti-gun and I don't want him as AG.

Giuliani might work, but I don't think he's as good as others--not as well-versed in Constitutional law.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graham would be weak on border invasion and I’ll bet the Hildebeast’s tentacles are wrapped around him, too.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
So then have Whitaker step down then appoint a temp then nominate Whitaker.

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
It has been reported that by law Whitaker cannot be nominated to fill a position he is holding in a temporary mode, so apparently he won't be a consideration.

flashguy

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Christie for AG? I would rather see a Republican get the job.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
So then have Whitaker step down then appoint a temp then nominate Whitaker.

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Yeah... that sounds like BS
If he's the man... nominate him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post