SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Sessions has resigned upon request
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Sessions has resigned upon request Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
AMF.

I suspect Zinke is probably next.

Personally, I'd like to see Cruz as AG.

Posts: 20074 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN reporting that Rod Rosenstein going to WH today for a “previously scheduled” meeting.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...after-sessions-fired

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Sessions's chief of staff Matthew Whitaker will serve as acting attorney general, Trump announced.

And it sounds like Trump will appoint his new AG in January Smile. The Senate picked up a few more seats, things should be easier by early next year for his new appointee Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Acting AG Matthew Whitaker

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

He would be a good AG but he just fought a difficult re-election battle.
So... I think he will remain in the Senate for the next 6 years.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24054 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
waiting for the democrats to start howling and wailing

I wonder who will be first in front of the camera...UpChckie Shoe-mer?
I don't know if he was first, but I did see him talking. CNN was reporting that Sessions was "fired".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Being asked to resign is in essence the same as being fired.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Chuck U Schumer has already called for the new acting AG to recuse himself. What a load of #$%^&!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16182 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Holy crap, I thought I was looking at Kingpin from the Daredevil series. He could also be #47 from the Hitman series. If he is as tough as he looks and will go after these assholes, I am all for it.

Just thinking: Dims win the house and talk about all kinds of investigations into Trump Administration and possible impeachment (on what grounds I don't know). The next day Trump basically fires Sessions..........which is probably an indication of "if you go after me with your bullshit no teeth House Committees, I will go after Hilary, obummer, Holder, Lynch, Rice, etc under the Rule of Law which will mean indictments on them and then convict their asses".

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
So long Mr Magoo!! Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chuck U Schumer has already called for the new acting AG to recuse himself. What a load of #$%^&!

^^^^ Big Grin

Gee I'm shocked, didn't see that coming. He should recuse himself for saying the sham investigation is a sham?

The only person qualified to be AG is obviously someone so un-biased as to fully support any and all investigations into the sitting POTUS even without a shred of evidence (nor even an accusation) of an actual crime.

Sound reasonable...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Hey, Chuckles. Take a lunch break.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Never happen. There was a lesson learned the hard way after seeing Session's old seat go Demonrat. Besides there being numerous other highly qualified candidates who won't leave "holes" if "promoted", Cruz will be much more valuable in the Senate.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16182 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

quote:
Holy crap, I thought I was looking at Kingpin from the Daredevil series. He could also be #47 from the Hitman series. If he is as tough as he looks and will go after these assholes, I am all for it.

Nah. He's a dead ringer for Michael Chiklis from The Shield.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the new AG will have the balls to bring the long overdue indictment against Hillary that she so richly deserves.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
This is outstanding news. Sessions supports Civil Asset Forfeiture and is perpetually out of his fucking mind with respect to Cannabis Legalization, two wholly indefensible and inexcusable positions, in addition to how he handled his part of the Mueller witch-hunt.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Never happen. There was a lesson learned the hard way after seeing Session's old seat go Demonrat. Besides there being numerous other highly qualified candidates who won't leave "holes" if "promoted", Cruz will be much more valuable in the Senate.

Exactly! I never understand the desire from some folks to pluck away a reliable, experienced, and qualified senator and fill the hole with an unknown.

Q

Posts: 26336 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...l-player/1922824002/

President Donald Trump named a former college football player, Matt Whitaker of the early-1990s Iowa Hawkeyes, the acting attorney general after Jeff Sessions resigned from the post Wednesday.

Whitaker is a former U.S. district attorney in Des Moines and was the starting tight end for the Iowa Hawkeyes in the 1991 Rose Bowl.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
No to recusal.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sessions was a good man. I'm sure we all feel that a huge opportunity at righting the ship was wasted though.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post