SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Student Investigated After Allegedly Saying a Math Symbol Looked Like a Gun
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student Investigated After Allegedly Saying a Math Symbol Looked Like a Gun Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The school and sheriff showed extremely poor judgment by reacting in any way to an innocent remark by a student, and then the sheriff showed even poorer judgment by attempting to accuse the student of using poor judgment.

Although, perhaps now each student should be warned and aware that if you even say the word "gun" the school and even the police will investigate you.

Stick out your index finger, raise your thumb, go to jail. Wink

quote:
We're screwed

quote:
stupidity on parade

Those need repeats.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It is contagious PC hysteria. There is great power in the tyranny of emotion these days.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Well, it has a shoulder thing that goes up.

Glock?

Glock 19X.

It has a lanyard loop.

And it's BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tac

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait till they figure out that a Christian cross looks like a sword.

Talk about all hell breaking loose...

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
If there wasn't, why the fuck did they allow them to search their house? I would have told the cops to FOAD when they showed up at my house.

Leaving aside the bogus reason for obtaining it, I don't think you're allowed to refuse a legal warrant.

You misread, or I didn't write clear enough. If a warrant wasn't obtained. No way in hell you are searching my home.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So one school completely ignores multiple real threats and warnings and another school goes full on red alert over an innocent comment. How can anyone not be assured that their kids are being looked after?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Another example of bureaucrats that go for the soft target in an attempt to enforce group think while avoiding real work such as the Florida school shooter.

Way easier to strut and parade around against those that won't fight back.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post

It is not a gun! It is a crank for that "Bumper Thing"!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I guess that the expression, “Oh, shoot “, is out these days…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8925 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ What are they going to yell at basketball games when they want someone to score now?

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I predict they will redesign that symbol because of it's racisss and scary looks.
And as George Carlin says, "I leave symbols to the symbol minded".

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by jayhalsey:
They searched his home off of a comment that a written symbol looked like a gun?
I think that would be cause for a lawsuit--big time! The parents should hire a really good lawyer!

flashguy

Agreed.
Should pay for the kids college.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Given the right mood, in profile my dick and balls look like a gun. Mention that and the spasmatic Sheriff could haul me in on two simultaneous PC violations.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Given the right mood, in profile my dick and balls look like a gun. Mention that and the spasmatic Sheriff could haul me in on two simultaneous PC violations.

Yeah...but the thing is, I'm probably shooting blanks. Just sayin'..... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Yeah...but the thing is, I'm probably shooting blanks. Just sayin'..... Eek

At my age and energy level, it's mostly a pee shooter..... Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post