SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Listening to music on iPhone and got a voicemail. It shows up as a song but not as a call
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Listening to music on iPhone and got a voicemail. It shows up as a song but not as a call Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted
I’m at the gym listening to music on the iPhone “music” App. Suddenly I hear a phone ring and get “Hi this is Don Webber psychology, weight training...please leave me a message at 1389...”

The call doesn’t show on my phone. Neither as a call or as a voice mail. On the music play list there’s PLMQ4FLT- MAY 10, 2004, which plays the message. I’m not sure we’d switched to iPhones by 2004.

Best as I can determine a voicemail I never got inserted itself into my music library. Going therough the playlist, there’s nothing similar.

Any idea?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Icabod,

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860079934#4860079934

issue resolved, snark removed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A little vague with the title perhaps?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can Anyone Explain this?

Yes, but you need to do this one amazing trick first.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can Anyone Explain this?

I can. This is this.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I can. This is this.

You meant this?

this
T͟His/Submit
pronoun
used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced.
"is this your bag?"
referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned.
"the company was transformed, and Ward had played a vital role in bringing this about"
determiner
used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced.
"don't listen to this guy"
referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned.
"there was a court case resulting from this incident"
adverb
to the degree or extent indicated.
"they can't handle a job this big"

issue resolved, snark removed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I can, but then I'd have to kill you.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Startling results can be seen here!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12411 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try this cool hack!!!

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I have no answer.

Do you know the person and gym left?

Asking to see if it is a potential crossed communication.

Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, I think funny shit just happens. Think about the billions of conversations that go on every day, and the possibility of a goof is certainly there, and it's always possible the phone sneezed. If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Posts: 3232 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No worries with the title, I have done this a few times myself and caught it before the pile began.

Relating to the OP, there is also the possibility of the Don Webber message loaded as part of an album. A quick web search for Don Webber doesn't reveal anything significant.

Two that I can think of are Queensryche and 5FDP. They both have the answering machine style filler tracks on their CDs. PLMQ4FLT- MAY 10, 2004 may be one of those from an album that may be on iTunes?

Doubtful if a voicemail would make it to your playlist without some serious shenanigans of your iOS. I'd blame the Facebook app first. Ultrasonic advertisement transmissions activating your phone to record and sending Facebook the recording isn't unfounded, largely due in part because they registered the patent for doing so. Eek

The Queensryche 'heavy thing' and 5FDP 'chuga chuga, chuga chuga' are indexed in the TOC file of the CD as their own track. Conversely, The Nick Cave track on the X-Files CD is also, but it is not indexed as such.

File indexing can be peculiar and a great way to kill a conversation at a party. If I knew of someone who checked all of the CDs (and related album downloads) to see if the TOC file was accurate, they would have to suffer from boredom worse than even myself (that or they are looking for something to do while the in-laws are staying for the weekend). Big Grin

Are there any songs that were loaded onto your playlist that same day as PLMQ4FLT? Let us know if you are able to find out anything further.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post