SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it kinky to hug your generator?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it kinky to hug your generator? Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
You paid for it, use it as you wish. We've got a 20kw Generac that runs off of LP. We used to have 3-4 outages a year. Outages don't bother us in the least now.

Just remember, the lipstick goes on the generator. If you wear it...well that would be weird.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Did you hear some Dinah-Moe Humm?

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I think the level of kinkiness is directly related to how hot the exhaust pipe is.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I don't have a huge, entire house generator. But I do have three smaller ones...

Powering those big ones sure takes a LOT of fuel. I'd much rather run a small inverter generator at 3 gallons of fuel PER DAY and just run critical circuits. My smallest gen will run a window unit AC to keep me comfortable.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I don't have a huge, entire house generator. But I do have three smaller ones...

Powering those big ones sure takes a LOT of fuel. I'd much rather run a small inverter generator at 3 gallons of fuel PER DAY and just run critical circuits. My smallest gen will run a window unit AC to keep me comfortable.

100 gallon propane tank. It'll run 24/7 for a LONG time on that.

Cheap? No. Convenient? Damn straight.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did that for years. Then one time I was out of town when the power went off.
Wife not happy.
Now it takes less then 10 seconds for generator to auto power up.

Just got our power back after about 29 hrs.
Windy here yesterday, some recorded over 70mph.
Paul got the same winds today that we got yesterday.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

100 gallon propane tank. It'll run 24/7 for a LONG time on that.

Cheap? No. Convenient? Damn straight.

100 gal of propane will get most people 4 to 6 days, tops, of running time.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 20kw also, natural gas, best money I ever spent. It has run non stop of several days on several occasions and my gas bill was not much higher then normal. I am working on 10 years with mine and living in South Louisiana (well nuf said) lol When you have a gas or diesel set you need to worry about supply, the only way mine will not run is if they cut off the whole city. Then I can get a propane tank and switch over in a matter of minutes.

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjQgTuUnwU

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post