SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Check out this LEO shooting - Huntington Beach, CA
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out this LEO shooting - Huntington Beach, CA Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
Raw video can be found at the bottom of this link.

7 shots to drop the guy. What’d he grab off the officers belt?

Almost no hesitation by the officer before he unloaded. Perp died at the hospital.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some students said they left school after the lockdown was lifted, too disturbed by the shooting to return to class.

"That was actually basically seeing a person die. It's not like the movies," said student Carmella Marshall. "It's really real."

Freak me. I'm going to vomit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ok, got to watch the video. Sorry, but I just have no idea what escalated that to the officer unloading on the guy. I need some more perspective in order to pass judgment.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This clip shows the limitation of video. Without additional information it is hard to tell what happened.

It clearly depicts how one shot does not immediately end the threat. It is in sharp contrast to the recent video in which the armed robber dropped to the ground after a CNS shot.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Cop arrived on scene but unknown if patrolling or in response to a call. It's a transient of some unknown age that some supposed witnesses said was just loitering in front of the 7-11.

No info on what transpired but the video starts with the cops radio and sunglasses on the ground in the foreground. During the scuffle you see the cop had his gun out and was attempting to reholster. During that process the prep reaches up with his right hand and removes something from the left side of the officers belt. It looks like either a flashlight or pepper spray but the enlarged pics suggest it was a flashlight.

No store security footage, if any, has been made available and it's unknown if there's body cam.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
I'm in agreement with the person taking the video: what the fuck?

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I find all these recent "Thug shot" videos and the "Disturbing Video" warnings somewhat relaxing actually.............. Smile

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I guarantee that if the deceased hadn't been actively resisting or grabbing at his duty belt, he'd be alive today, but beyond that, I'll wait for the detailed analysis.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So we gonna have White Lives Matter riots in Huntington Beach?

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
One news article said he grabbed a pistol magazine from the Officer's belt. Like many, the perp seemed to be a mental case.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks like he was breakin' into song and dance at the end:

Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
She says I am the one
But the kid is not my son

Musta been a big Michael J fan, huh?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...all the usual disclaimers...

I have watched this a couple of times and I believe the LE officer thought the perp had grabbed something from his bat belt - OC / flashlight / taser or whatever.

Maybe even a BUG.

Clearly there IS something in the perps hand when he is shot.

Don't fight / grapple with cops. End of story.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Don't fight / grapple with cops. End of story.

Pretty much says it all right there...
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
So we gonna have White Lives Matter riots in Huntington Beach?

Please let me know where the riots peaceful resistance is.....I've had my eye on a 70" 4k curve TV for a while.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I make it a point to not go hands on with the police.

From a probability standpoint, things are likely to happen that most of us don't like.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like a expandable baton or flashlight from the cops belt.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, HBP had a reputation for being hard asses.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’m not really sure what happened there, but in all of these Officer shootings where the guy is resisting arrest, I give the benefit of the doubt to the cop.

There is no excuse for resisting arrest.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was not immediately clear if the officer fired live ammunition or nonlethal rounds.

The target died.

Clearly, it wasn't "non-lethal rounds."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Grab the bull by the horns, you risk getting gored.

Fuck him and all who fall like him.

I got no shits to give.

If you can find room left on me to stick a label, stick it.

I have lived my whole life and a good part of it fighting for another day, but never considered "fighting a cop".

Just never seemed like a smart move.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Second video, can't seem to find it on YouTube yet.

https://www.facebook.com/Aweso...s/10159447411675615/

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post