SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What should I expect with wisdom tooth extraction surgery
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What should I expect with wisdom tooth extraction surgery Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Marky is resting at home with 5 fewer teeth. He showed a bit of high blood pressure and the doctor was a bit concerned. So, I have to take him to his pcp in a few for a checkup.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it went well. Not a bad idea to follow up on the BP if it was really high, but it's also entirely possible (even likely) it was due to the situational anxiety.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Glad to hear it went well. Not a bad idea to follow up on the BP if it was really high, but it's also entirely possible (even likely) it was due to the situational anxiety.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised because he had a checkup for work a couple of months ago and his BP was normal.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There's a pretty good chance that the elevated BP was anxiety.

I had cataracts done a few months ago, declined the Valium that was offered as I don't do well with that type of thing.

My BP just before the procedure for the first eye was something like 208 / 87. Anxiety, for sure.

Two weeks later, second eye, I knew what to expect and was nowhere near as anxious. My BP was about normal for me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Less teeth?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
They stopped taking my blood pressure at the dentist because it spikes as soon as I sit in the chair. It's gotten better because my current dentist has been great. It's just a mental issue carried over from a horrible dentist I had 20 years ago. Hope it's just a little anxiety for Marky too.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Marky is resting at home with 5 fewer teeth. He showed a bit of high blood pressure and the doctor was a bit concerned. So, I have to take him to his pcp in a few for a checkup.

5 teeth? Why did they take the extra one?

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine out just a few years ago. What I remember most was constantly getting food stuck in the holes that were left behind. This was a regular thing for about 6 months after. I had to really make sure to try to chew towards the front of my mouth.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
5 teeth? Why did they take the extra one?
Three wisdom teeth and two molars. It was originally supposed to be 3 and 1 and we were a bit confused by it but they assured us that 5 needed extraction. The molars were previous root canals.

Do root canals ever last? I've never had one.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
At his PCP today the nurse checked him 3 times and read 128/82 and there abouts. As soon as the doctor came in he checked it at 130/92. He's going to monitor him every 10 days for a while but won't make a quick diagnosis on this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

posted Hide Post
Might be worth picking up a home monitor to check at various times without the white coat.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post