SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Carolina reapers dethroned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carolina reapers dethroned Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Why?

"Pepper X is set to take the crown for the world's hottest pepper, dethroning the official record holder the Carolina Reaper.

The pepper averages a whopping 3.18 million Scoville heat units and has been developed over 10 years. For reference, Jalapenos are a mild 10,000 to 20,000 Scoville units…"

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...-hottest-pepper.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel REAL sure that I will not be testing/eating any of Pepper X!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I won't even go beyond the Jalapeno. I don't get why anybody would want to eat any of those super hot ones, other than maybe to prove their manhood. A guy I used to work with makes his own salsa. He used to complain that he had to grow his own peppers for it because he couldn't find hot enough ones in the store. He brought some of his salsa into the office once. Just being in the same room with it made my eyes water so bad I had to leave. Why?????

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
That's just nuts.

I've had some really hot wings on a dare (Homicide sauce) when I was younger.

After about 7 wings I couldn't take it anymore, my buddy beat me out by two wings.

The hottest I will go now is some Mango Habanero wings. They burn but they are so good.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a biker chum in Harrisburg PA who would chomp on bell peppers and anything HOT that no one else could eat.

His farts would clear the room.

I think he's still alive.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Prepare for a new chip challenge....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Before anyone contemplates eating one, this was a comment made in an article about a Welsh farmer who accidentally created a 2.6 million Scoville pepper.

quote:
The scientists believe that if you tried to actually eat this chili, your airways would likely close up from the burn and you’d go into anaphylactic shock and die. However, that doesn’t mean it isn’t a force for good, not evil.

http://www.iflscience.com/plan...orlds-hottest-chili/

In the words of Liam Neeson..."Good luck."

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
We're on our way to developing medical grade peppers, aren't we?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Before anyone contemplates eating one, this was a comment made in an article about a Welsh farmer who accidentally created a 2.6 million Scoville pepper.

quote:
The scientists believe that if you tried to actually eat this chili, your airways would likely close up from the burn and you’d go into anaphylactic shock and die. However, that doesn’t mean it isn’t a force for good, not evil.

http://www.iflscience.com/plan...orlds-hottest-chili/

In the words of Liam Neeson..."Good luck."
If you search on YouTube for "Reaper pepper and Fireball" you'll find a video of a guy that eats three of them and then chugs Fireball Whiskey. It's pretty.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I had a biker chum in Harrisburg PA who would chomp on bell peppers and anything HOT that no one else could eat.

His farts would clear the room.

I think he's still alive.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I have a dog whose farts used to clear the room. His previous owner fed him the cheapest crap food she could find at the grocery store. After I adopted him and switched him over to quality food, the fart problem cleared right up.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
We're on our way to developing medical weapons grade peppers, aren't we?

Yes, yes we are Wink

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a source for organic riot control.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I always thought Mayan peppers were the hottest.
I like to chop up a bell pepper in black eyed peas, they are mild.

I used to work with a guy who would eat the ones that came in the orders of Church's fried chicken without anything else in his mouth.

I have seen my Grandfather and a friend eat fresh stewed corn or pintos with the little Chayenne peppers and they would have tears running out of their eyes. That is too much for me to deal with.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like hot - at the Thai places, what they call "spicy" is fine, and what they call "Thai spicy" is generally about my limit depending on my mood. Habaneros are more than I like by themselves, but not by much.

But no way in hell would I even consider eating Pepper X, or a Reaper.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'm all about this. I love hot peppers. I actually tried to order that one chip challenge chip, but they're not taking orders until October.

I have lots of violently hot sauces that I really enjoy. The hottest commercial sauce is Dave's insanity ghost pepper sauce. The others are all fresh homemade sauces with reapers.

Yes it hurts, but I like it. I can gargle with tobasco and other store sauces. It takes a lot for me to cry. I'm not trying to "prove" anything, I truly like the feeling.

I need to get some of this pepper x stuff.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Are there any commercial applications for these nightmares?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I like hot - at the Thai places, what they call "spicy" is fine, and what they call "Thai spicy" is generally about my limit depending on my mood. Habaneros are more than I like by themselves, but not by much.

But no way in hell would I even consider eating Pepper X, or a Reaper.

I'm a wuss, at a local Thai joint I get medium
The record is held by a young girl who gets 9X Thai hot regularly

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOOH YEAH I like it SPICY! Place I used to bartend at, the executive chef made a fantastic ghost pepper wing sauce that no one could eat but me. Fantastic going down but it was a little hard to walk for the first hour or so every morning after.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I like to eat really spicy things but as I have aged, the colon and backdoor remind me I shouldn't anymore.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gspdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there any commercial applications for these nightmares?

There's a pretty fun Youtube show called Hot Ones that pairs 10 hot sauces on wings that are progressively hotter and an interview with a celebrity. The show now has it's own sauces, one of which is "The Last Dab" made with Pepper X.

From firstwefeast.com, home of the Hot Ones show:

"If you're a fan of Hot Ones and have wondered how you'd fair against the show's hottest sauce, The Last Dab, now's your time to find out. The soul-scorching sauce—developed by mad-scientist chilehead Smokin' Ed Currie of PuckerButt Pepper Co.—is available exclusively at Heatonist.com.

The sauce delivers real flavor through the heat thanks to a unique blend of mustard, ginger root, coriander and turmeric. Its punch comes from the diabolical “Pepper X,” developed by Ed Currie almost a decade ago, with The Last Dab being its first use in a production sauce. Pepper X is twice as hot as Smokin Ed’s Carolina Reaper, the current Guinness World Record holder for “The Hottest Pepper in the World.”"

Posts: 544 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post