SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for mechanic in Charleston, SC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for mechanic in Charleston, SC Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
My daughter, you know, the one I love the most, not my favorite daughter, moved to Charleston, SC. Her 2004 Toyota Camry 4-cylinder has developed a vibration that requires a reputable mechanic. It's likely something in the idle speed control system, based on symptoms and further checks, conversations, and technicians here at work. Even the interweb says it could be the idle speed system. Anyway, being the caring father that I am, I am loathe to take the car anywhere but my technicians at my test facility, but have to do this now that she moved so far away. So, in the spirit of a similar thread about mechanics, please help this father maintain her car from afar, with your recommendations.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with the guys at Firestone in North Charleston. Most of our stuff has been running gear at that facility, but my local store in Florence has done nearly everything on my truck, from AC, to heater and evap core replacement, to brake system repair.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/so...e-auto-care-21969755

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still new to the area, but these guys are right around the corner from my office. They have good reviews and steered a female friend in the right direction on her vehicle when other places were telling her all sorts of incorrect info. She said she never once felt as if they were out to take advantage of her and they were nothing but nice.

http://www.eastcooperautopros.com/mobile/index.html

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post