SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    laws for silly things when you are the emperor...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

laws for silly things when you are the emperor... Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Only one opening at each border, with the following ceremony each day.

Political differences in the House are settled with fists.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no government money for ancient antiquities ,
200 years is the limit.

no government money for space travel farther than the moon.

teachers get a free 900 sq ft. apt on campus after two years

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54631 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
All public restroom doors will swing outward without manual manipulation of a door latch or handle, or will have a paper towel dispenser and trash can within reach of the door.

Oh hell YES!
Whoever installs a public crapper door that you have to pull to exit should be forced to lick the floor clean 3 times a day.

I'll take that even further. NO doors on public restrooms. Just baffles at the entrance like at Lowes or Walmart.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Any engineer who designs a part or system of a vehicle that should have been easily maintained, but is not, due to either gross stupidity or a single-minded focus on assembly rather than maintenance (such as putting in bolts from the front of the car so that they can't be removed without dropping the gas tank...when they could have been inserted from the unobstructed rear-side of the vehicle), shall be publicly flogged, or beaten to death with a ratchet. Sentence is dependent upon the severity of the stupidity in question.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would implement a Suitable Materials Act. You build anything with substandard materials, there will be consequences.

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Minivans will not be allowed at drive thrus.

Toyota Priuses will be forever banned from driving in the left lane.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
All public restroom doors will swing outward without manual manipulation of a door latch or handle, or will have a paper towel dispenser and trash can within reach of the door.

Oh hell YES!
Whoever installs a public crapper door that you have to pull to exit should be forced to lick the floor clean 3 times a day.

I'll take that even further. NO doors on public restrooms. Just baffles at the entrance like at Lowes or Walmart.

You have to be reasonable with your laws. How are small restaurants going to have room for bathroom with chicanes or baffles? That's why I left the paper towel and trashcan reception in there.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Any engineer who designs a part or system of a vehicle that should have been easily maintained, but is not, due to either gross stupidity or a single-minded focus on assembly rather than maintenance (such as putting in bolts from the front of the car so that they can't be removed without dropping the gas tank...when they could have been inserted from the unobstructed rear-side of the vehicle), shall be publicly flogged, or beaten to death with a ratchet. Sentence is dependent upon the severity of the stupidity in question.

I'll add to that: designing a water pump - a part that is guaranteed to fail at some point because it can't be internally lubricated by engine oil - that is extremely difficult to replace, up to and including inside the engine and driven by the timing chain. The 3.5L V6 engine used in some Ford models (e.g., the Edge) is about a $17-$1800 water pump, plus it leaks directly into the oil pan.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The 3.5L V6 engine used in some Ford models (e.g., the Edge) is about a $17-$1800 water pump, plus it leaks directly into the oil pan.
WHY didn't you tell me this before I bought the Edge?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I came as soon as I could. Razz

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll add to that: designing a water pump - a part that is guaranteed to fail at some point because it can't be internally lubricated by engine oil - that is extremely difficult to replace, up to and including inside the engine and driven by the timing chain. The 3.5L V6 engine used in some Ford models (e.g., the Edge) is about a $17-$1800 water pump, plus it leaks directly into the oil pan.

Oh yeah, there's a never ending list! There would be a veritable blood bath of engineers if I ever become emperor of the world!

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

Oh yeah, there's a never ending list! There would be a veritable blood bath of engineers if I ever become emperor of the world!

Indeed. And the new crop of engineers being trained to replace them would have to be a mechanic for a minimum of 5 years before they're allowed to design ANYTHING!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
90 day jail sentence for anyone that leaves outdoor Christmas decorations up after January 15th. An extra 180 days if they illuminate them after January 25th.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
90 day jail sentence for anyone that leaves outdoor Christmas decorations up after January 15th. An extra 180 days if they illuminate them after January 25th.

FAR too generous. January 2nd. I'll give ya New Year's Day because hangover.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ten percent discount for using self service line at a retail establisment.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ten percent discount for using self service line at a retail establisment.

I use the cashier when possible because I want them to keep their job.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Cosmetic procedures which result in duck lips shall result in forced lip deflation.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Sorry, Heathen--Christmas does not end until Epiphany on 6 Jan.

And I have a portion of what constituted my Christmas lights that stays up all year--a couple of single lines of blue lights, one across the garage doors and one around my entry arch, that is my "thin blue line" in honor and support of LE.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Sorry, Heathen--Christmas does not end until Epiphany on 6 Jan.

And I have a portion of what constituted my Christmas lights that stays up all year--a couple of single lines of blue lights, one across the garage doors and one around my entry arch, that is my "thin blue line" in honor and support of LE.

flashguy

I'll cede that to you. But within a mile of home there are three full-blown yard displays up yet including a "Welcome To Whoville" arch in front of one of them.......Looks so Christmassy with the snow all melted and the dormant brown and green (sorta) lawns.....

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And forgot, drove through one neighborhood last week, in the living room window was a illuminated Christmas tree......