SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    laws for silly things when you are the emperor...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

laws for silly things when you are the emperor... Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
all politicians shall:

1) be subject to term limits,
2) shall have worked at a real job before becoming a politician,
3) shall be subject to any/all laws they intend to impose on the citizenship, i.e.
a) social security,
b) ObamaCare,
c) etc.
4) if the overall US citizenship feels he/she, is out of control, then he/she will be subject to a recall vote not just by those they serve, but the overall US citizenship.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
1 - Dipshits who steal cars and crash them should have to pay for the exact same car to be repaired. Even if it costs $27,000 to fix a '98 Civic.

2 - Violent criminals will have their execution method chosen by their victim (or next of kin).

3 - Anyone driving and attempts to beat the train should be forced to try as many times as needed until the train wins.

4 - Convicted substance abusers should be fined so as to pay tuition for those who gave a damn about themselves, behaved, and are trying to further their education.

5 - Persons who participate in identity theft should have all their assets seized, auctioned off, and then be shot.

6 - Section 8 residents should have to commit to 20+ hours of community service each week if not currently holding a job.

7 - Every driver should be held to the restrictions of a class A CDL.

8 - Public executions by burning, gallows, backhoe, or firing squad (unless overruled by rule 2) with fire ants being an option.

9 - Anyone who willingly shoots at a police officer, fireman, EMT, utility worker, etc... will have each limb tied to a vehicle of that department and vehicles will be driven SLOWLY in a direction of their choice.

10- All franchised sports teams will not receive public funding and have their tax exempt status revoked immediately.

And I'm in a good mood today. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
In addition to the current minimum age requirement to run for President, there would also be a maximum. This would also apply to Congress.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
- Voting age would be increased to 30 - at least.

AND....you can't vote unless you pay taxes.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It would be a crime to be named Rosie O’Donnell or name anyone such a name.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
On-ramps are for accelerating to the speed of traffic. If you don't understand this you get one warning then your privilege to drive on a highway are lost.

When using a drive-through you need to have your payment ready when you get to the window if you have had to wait in line. Getting up to the window and then looking for payment results in loss of ability to use a drive-through for a year.

People that think they are special and take up two parking spots in a normal sized vehicle get two large vans parked on both sides 6 inches from their doors. We will create jobs with people driving around looking for offenders.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Those silly NFA rules, they have to go. Suppressors shall be sold in hardware stores for $50. SBRs for all, no wait, no stamp. And we can import whatever we want from abroad, including receivers and barrels.

It’s good to be king, whatever it pays.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, and this kind of shit would cease retroactively:

"A federal judge has ordered that the state of Missouri must provide a transgender killer serving a life sentence with hormone replacement therapy, hair removal treatment, and access to 'gender-affirming' canteen items. Jessica Hicklin, 38, is a preoperative transgender woman who was born James Hicklin and was convicted of fatally shooting a man in 1995 during a drug-related crime in Clinton, Missouri."

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
People who use handicap parking spaces that aren't handicapped shall have their knees bashed until they become handicapped but will not receive a handicap placard.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
quote:
- Voting age would be increased to 30 - at least.

AND....you can't vote unless you pay taxes.
I could support those....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
People that think they are special and take up two parking spots in a normal sized vehicle get two large vans parked on both sides 6 inches from their doors. We will create jobs with people driving around looking for offenders.
I got this photo of a car that parked in a "bus-only" lot:

DSC_0487-2.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

Something like that?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
News media anchors, affiliates and and assorted talking heads who knowingly spread untruths and false narratives will have their tongues summarily removed.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
...you can't vote unless you pay taxes.

Would that include resident aliens? They pay taxes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
...you can't vote unless you pay taxes.

Would that include resident aliens? They pay taxes.

Only that portion of them that isn't in the 49% of everybody in the USA who pay no federal income tax.

If I were emperor, to be eligible to vote you would have to:

-- be a US citizen over 21 years old

-- own real property and not be in arrears in paying the taxes on that property

-- be currently serving or have served and received an honorable discharge or be retired Regular Army, Regular Navy, etc.

-- have no criminal record

-- not be on welfare currently and, if ever having been on welfare, have paid back in full for all benefits received, including interest

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
My question was rhetorical, as resident aliens legally can't vote even though they're expected to contribute in every other way a citizen is required.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All driving liscenses will expire in 3 years. In order to renew, extremely strict driving education and licensing fees similar to Germany will be implemented. Additional fees will be provided to state highway patrols. All interstates will be widened to 3 lanes minimum. After the three year period speed limits will be evaluated and eliminated on appropriate interstates. Traffic violations are no longer a summary offense and result in jail time or public humiliation in the town square.

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
All driving liscenses will expire in 3 years. In order to renew, extremely strict driving education and licensing fees similar to Germany will be implemented.

This sounds a wee bit draconian.... Eek So would you then advocate for an Autobahn in the US?

posted Hide Post

parking over the line , gets a night in the box,

Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. You remember your number and always wear the ones that has your number. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box.

These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box. There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. You got a grudge against another man, you fight him Saturday afternoon. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
All driving liscenses will expire in 3 years. In order to renew, extremely strict driving education and licensing fees similar to Germany will be implemented.

This sounds a wee bit draconian.... Eek So would you then advocate for an Autobahn in the US?

Not at all draconian!! It gives the un washed masses three years to get their shit together and learn how to drive in a safe responsible and respectful manner. After the 3 year grace period yes an autobahn style system will be implemented. Renewals every 5 years with additional class time and road testing.

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by emac:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Not at all draconian!! It gives the un washed masses three years to get their shit together and learn how to drive in a safe responsible and respectful manner. After the 3 year grace period yes an autobahn style system will be implemented. Renewals every 5 years with additional class time and road testing.

I just know how God-awful our local driver's license office is, and can't imagine a scenario where the entire driving population would have to re-test. Nightmarish! I would support the Autobahn, though, especially the change-lanes, rear-bump motivational tactic!