SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    laws for silly things when you are the emperor...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

laws for silly things when you are the emperor... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
If a fast food place gets your order wrong, they owe you your money back plus 300% and an apology from a manager.

Any DJ who talks over the beginning of songs will have a person handcuffed to them for a period of not less than 6 months who will interrupt them every time they try and speak... Every time.

People who can't handle merging onto a highway shall have their license removed until such time as they can show they have learned how to properly do so

If more than 90% of a work team agrees someone is a douchebag then they are fired. You know that guy... The one nobody can fathom how they keep their job. If a few people don't like someone, well maybe it's a personality issue, but when every single member of that dept says this guy is as dumb and useless as a sack of nerf hammers, get out.

Grown men who piss on a public toilet seat shall be flogged

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The following egregious offenses to Good Order and Discipline Upon the Roadways shall result in immediate revocation of driving privileges until remedial training has eliminated the problem:

1. Not using your headlights during inclement weather, well before dusk or before the sun is well and truly up.

2. Stopping in the roadway before completing a right turn (assuming the way is clear and you're just being a douche).

3. Left turn from other than a left turn lane if provided.

4. Dozing off at green lights. Summary execution if you were texting.

5. Blocking the left lane.

6. Stopping at the end of on-ramps.

I'm sure others will occur to me over time, those are the ones that have pissed me off this week.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If a useless parent calls the police to try to get the cops to discipline their child or make them do what they're told (clean their room, eat their veggies, do their homework, etc.), the parent shall be arrested and placed in a public pillory or stocks for no less than 48 hours.

On a related note, birth control will be applied to all food and water supplies. Only those who pass an IQ test, psych evaluation, and credit check shall receive the antidote.

(Given enough time, the latter law will obviate the need for the former law.)

Posts: 32427 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Driving 10MPH under the speed limit shall not be tolerated. Anyone doing so, while not pulling to the side allowing others to pass them, is subject to being rear-ended and/or pushed off the road with no punishment whatsoever to the pusher.

Anyone who travels the speed of light in two lanes and then reduces their speed to well under the speed limit when those two lanes merge into one lane, shall suffer the same punishment.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arguing with the grocery cashier over the expiration date and or value of a coupon while 110 people wait in line behind you.
Banishment from the grocery. Forever!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Silly things?? Those sound pretty sensible to me.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Arguing with the grocery cashier over the expiration date and or value of a coupon while 110 people wait in line behind you.

The same punishment for standing in line for five minutes at a grocery store, then waiting until the cashier has rung up everything (including any coupons) before realizing that they will have to be paid for and then starting to look for one’s credit cards or cash. Flogging will be added if it’s necessary to rummage through one’s wallet or purse and inspect six different cards before deciding which one has room to add $10.90 in purchases before being maxed out.

Flogging is also the punishment for standing in line for five minutes or more at a fast food restaurant and waiting until the cashier asks, “May I help you?” before looking at the huge menu posted above and then trying to decide what they’ll order. Twice as many lashes if they’re accompanied by a small child and must then ask, “What do you want, Snookums?” and also have to get into an explanation of why their particular promotional toy is no longer available and what might be an acceptable substitute.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Anyone caught texting while driving, and/or not moving when light turns green because they are absorbed in their phone, or waiting until last second to cut across three lanes of traffic to exit highway, or goes into the coin only lane at toll booth and then doesn't have the change while traffic backs up behind them, loses license for 12 months along with their right to vote indefinitely.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Any person who uses the term "Sensible Gun Control" loses their right to vote until Hell freezes over.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Ban all cigarettes and vaping. Good cigars and pipe smoke shall be allowed with present restrictions (no smoking in restaurants, public bldgs, etc).

Chewing tobaco will be banned.

Outlaw fartcan mufflers, and wheels more than one size too big OR too small.

Rap noise (sorry, I just cannot call it 'music') shall be punishable by death.

Those big ear holes shall be banned, along with all but about 5% of body piercings.

No beards allowed unless neatly trimmed.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
  • All Canadian border crossings (including airports) will have movie screens installed and everyone will be forced to watch the movie Strange Brew if they want to travel from the US to Canada to insure they can speak Canadian appropriately. NEXUS card holders only have to watch once a year but can watch it more often if they chose.
  • All deportations will be via trebuchet. CBP will do their best to land you in your country of origin, but suggest watching a few YouTube videos on how to swim if you're not from Canada or Central America.
  • If you make a dumb ass comment like, "I hear gasoline might hit $5.00 per gallon this summer" then $10,000 will be deducted from your savings, investments, or added to your debt and will be automatically invested in a long commodity derivative that only pays off if gasoline hits $5.00 per gallon or more between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day. If you're a news reporter, the amount deducted increases to $100,000.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Spectemur Agendo
    Picture of brecaidra
    posted Hide Post
    Anyone who starts telling you a story after you have clearly stated, "I really need to go now," will not be allowed to utter a single word until they have written the entire story by hand and had it proofread and approved by a hired professional.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of rtquig
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by sigfreund:
    quote:

The same punishment for standing in line for five minutes at a grocery store, then waiting until the cashier has rung up everything (including any coupons) before realizing that they will have to be paid for and then starting to look for one’s credit cards or cash. Flogging will be added if it’s necessary to rummage through one’s wallet or purse and inspect six different cards before deciding which one has room to add $10.90 in purchases before being maxed out.

Flogging is also the punishment for standing in line for five minutes or more at a fast food restaurant and waiting until the cashier asks, “May I help you?” before looking at the huge menu posted above and then trying to decide what they’ll order. Twice as many lashes if they’re accompanied by a small child and must then ask, “What do you want, Snookums?” and also have to get into an explanation of why their particular promotional toy is no longer available and what might be an acceptable substitute.

What is even worse than looking for their credit card is when all is done the pull out a check book to pay.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by RogueJSK:
    If a useless parent calls the police to try to get the cops to discipline their child or make them do what they're told (clean their room, eat their veggies, do their homework, etc.), the parent shall be arrested and placed in a public pillory or stocks for no less than 48 hours.

On a related note, birth control will be applied to all food and water supplies. Only those who pass an IQ test, psych evaluation, and credit check shall receive the antidote.

(Given enough time, the latter law will obviate the need for the former law.)

Works for me! Not to mention death penalty for drunk drivers who kill people.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Three Generations
    of Service
    Picture of PHPaul
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by brecaidra:
    Anyone who starts telling you a story after you have clearly stated, "I really need to go now," will not be allowed to utter a single word until they have written the entire story by hand and had it proofread and approved by a hired professional.

Hah! You must have met the ultrasound technician I had today. (Routine screening, nothing serious) The abdominal ultrasound took about 15 minutes and I don't think he paused for breath, much less shut his yap, the whole time.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of sigcrazy7
    posted Hide Post
    I'd go the other way. I'd probably ban the act of banning things. In fact, if it's something that is a bit self-destructive, it will definitely be legal. There won't be a nanny state in my empire.

However, you screw yourself up doing stupid stuff, you're on your own. You don't get to jump off of mountains in a body suit and expect society to pick up the pieces.

That's my perfect empire.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Conservative Behind
    Enemy Lines
    Picture of synthplayer
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
    If a fast food place gets your order wrong, they owe you your money back plus 300% and an apology from a manager.

When I first read this, I thought you were headed to talking about folks like these:

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    eh-TEE-oh-clez
    Picture of Aeteocles
    posted Hide Post
    All public restroom doors will swing outward without manual manipulation of a door latch or handle, or will have a paper towel dispenser and trash can within reach of the door.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    Dentists and hygienists who chat and ask you a question when your mouth is full of their fingers and surgical steel instruments. Punishment: Their eye teeth, no novocaine.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    parati et volentes
    Picture of houndawg
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by rtquig:
    quote:
    Originally posted by sigfreund:
    quote:

What is even worse than looking for their credit card is when all is done the pull out a check book to pay.

And then they fully fill in the register and balance it before writing the check.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post