SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (LEAD) Karma: ** P228 ** ----->> ** WINNER = Klusk2 **
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (LEAD) Karma: ** P228 ** ----->> ** WINNER = Klusk2 ** Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if retired LEO are included in this awesome karma if so please include me.

Funny story

We were called to remove one from the bar in town my partner and I arrive about the same time. Going in we see this biker in leathers his size reminded me of Andre the Giant of wrestling fame. I say 6’ 10” tall and pushing 350 lbs. He had his drink glasses lined up on the bar and he was flicking them one by one off the bar. We walk up to him I am 5’11” 235 lbs my partner is 5’7” 175lbs. I am thinking at this point we have a real task ahead of us if he doesn’t want to go. I ask the biker how he is doing as he flicks off another glass and says nothing back to me. So I let him know that the bartender wants him to leave the bar. I add that he has to leave the bar. He turns his head sizes both my partner and I up and says “Who is going to make me”. I am thinking this is not how I want this to go. I turn to my partner who is quite a bit smaller then me. As the biker is watching what we are doing. I say to my partner “Do you want me to hold your coat?” I get the WTF look from my partner. The biker looks at us and begins to laugh so hard he gets up and says to us you guys are OK and walks out of the bar without incident.

Humor does come in handy at times.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ozarkwoods,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your generosity and recognizing LEO’s. I’m not sure about it being interesting but I think about it regularly.

I was riding my beat one day along with my beat partner (it was a big beat), he was hired the same time I was. There were twenty five recruits in our academy class and he and I were roommates at Eastern Kentucky University during that phase of our training. Anyway, while driving this particular night I just happened to drive down Chestnut Street and got to the end where it doglegs left. As I came to that dogleg I noticed a police car in the middle of Chestnut Street and a scuffle taking place. I punched the gas and as I was getting closer I could see my beat partner fighting a hispanic male subject on the ground and a second hispanic male was approaching my partner from behind with a knife in his hand. I reached down and hit my siren and the subject with the knife looked up at me approaching and he took off running. I noticed that my partner had things under control with the other subject so I gave chase on the one running. He ran through some yards still holding the knife until he made an attempt to go over a fence at which time he dropped the knife, at that point the fight was on, he lost. I got him back to where my beat partner was and he had his bad guy cuffed and in the back seat of his patrol car.

He was lucky that I just happened to be coming down Chestnut Street. He had gotten out on these two suspicious acting Hispanic males and did not call off on the radio. He was patting one of them down when he felt a handgun in the guys waistband, the subject began to fight at that point and shortly after was when I come around the corner, had I not been there he would have been stabbed in the back by the second subject. I’ve thought back over this many times and have regretted not hitting my siren as soon as I saw the struggling/fighting. Lessons learned by both of us that night.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I would love a.shot at this.

I will edit with a story later. Gotta think of a good one.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
12131, Your generosity is amazing and your contributions to this forum make it the only place to be.

As a new police officer working mid-nights in the wild wild west side of Chicago (Austin area), I responded to a call of a woman chasing another person down the street with what appeared to be a rolling pin. As my partner and I pull up, we see what appears to be another woman on the ground and the other standing over her with said rolling pin. It turns out that the woman was actually a man, dressed in his wife's clothes. The wife was screaming obscenities as she stood over him. He wasn't moving so we thought she had knocked him out and immediately removed her from his vicinity. My partner was trying to get information as to what happened while I went to check on the man down. As I called for an ambulance and looked for injuries, the man peeked open his eye as he lay on the ground. He was just playing possum while the wife was stood over him. She had forgot her lunch and returned home to get it and saw her husband wearing her clothes. Needless to say, she had a fit and chased him down the street while he tried to get away. Approximately 100 people had a very good laugh at his misfortune, including most of the midnight shift in Austin.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
I would like to be counted in on this generous karma.

Eighteen years in so far and lots of war stories...
This maybe not the most interesting, but the wife likes it:

This Thanksgsiving we finished up and were sitting around in sweats when she thought she heard my call sign on the radio and then the phone rang.
Communications was trying to raise me because a pursuit was headed my way.

We live on the highway and so I went the 90 yards down to the gate in my cop truck and went across to set up the stop sticks where I have a 10'-12' drop off for cover (I've done this at this spot before).

I had left the pack set in the house and just had the car radio which was across the street from me so missus ran it down to where I was and we could see the run car and the red and blue lights coming down the pass three miles off.

Traffic was light, and when I got a good hit with the stop sticks Mrs. John1 started jumping up and down in her bare feet in the driveway yelling "You got him! You got him!"

I jumped in the truck and joined in the felony car stop a mile or so down the road, thinking how the bald old guy in the sweats and shoulder holster sure gave a new definition to Command Presence.

The driver and his front seat passenger had out-of-county felony warrants (and it turns out had just done heroin) but mama and the other back seat passenger were clear.

The whole tribe were heading to our jail to pick up mama's other son who had just been released for time served and they had managed to get lost. We helped them find the jail.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
As a retired LEO (almost ten years now!) and living in "Californistan" I'm probably ineligible for the offer, but wanted to thank you for providing such a generous karma for the guys and gals that are still out there doing the job at a time when its so incredibly difficult.

FWIW: I had a lot of "interesting times" when I was working and relished the 32 years I had the privilege to be a cop. One of my best experiences was my first "Who done it" homicide investigation, which (coincidentally) was my first murder as lead investigator. It was a gang case, where a shot was heard in a residential area about 5:00 AM, a dark car was seen driving away and a victim was found unconscious and dying of a head wound in the street by the responding officers. The victim had a motel room key clenched in his hand and that led to some pretty good leads about who might have been involved. Three guys associated with one of our local street gangs were tied to the victim through circumstantial evidence. I felt there was plenty enough there to try to get them to consent to interviews, but my "old school" supervisor ordered their arrests when we located them hours later.

I was really into behavioral analysis based interview and interrogations by this time and I questioned each of the three guys individually. The first guy was the most "hardcore" of the suspects and I'd dealt with him for years by then. I'd always treated him okay and he responded in kind. His behavior indicated he didn't know about the shooting, but clearly knew and liked the victim for many years, as they'd both attended high school together about a decade previous to the victim moving to Germany. The guy was very shaken up when he saw pics of his friend (who'd just arrived in town for a visit the day before), laying face up on the street, near death.

The "suspect" told me he had an alibi and I said I'd follow up on it as soon as I could, but since I had a lot of investigation to conduct, needed his cooperation to solve the crime while clearing him of involvement. I asked if he'd waive his right to telephone calls, until I'd had a chance to talk to his alibi witness and he said he would.

I interrogated the other two associates that were with the first suspect and learned that the one with the least involvement with the gang had witnessed the murder after the other two guys had split off earlier during the evening. He was scared, but this potential witness named the shooter and sent the investigation into another direction, that resulted in evidence which backed up his story soon lead to the arrest of another member of the same gang who had an unrivaled reputation of violent conduct. About 30 hours after getting the early morning phone call and having had zero sleep, I finally finished my shift and drove home believing I'd had the right guy in custody now. I knew I still needed to do some more follow-up before releasing the three who'd been arrested earlier, but that could wait.

I got a call at home that interrupted my badly needed sleep, from our jailer. He told me that the first suspect who I'd interrogated (the guy with the alibi) was still holding off on his right to a telephone call, but he knew his mother was aware of his arrest and he wanted me to call her and tell her everything would be okay. I got his mom's number, called her and did as he'd asked.

The next day, I'd completed my follow ups, arranged for the release of the first three suspects, and had a murder case filed by the prosecutor against their associate. I left the station a few hours late that night and as I walked out to my car, the cooperative gang member I'd cleared was waiting for me outside, in the dark, and with his mother in tow. He introduced me as the "guy who got ******'s murderer", thanked me for believing him, getting the guy who killed his friend (even though he was well acquainted with the shooter himself), and shook my hand. Finally, he said in whispered confidence that the guy I'd figured out had done the crime was a "bully" and wouldn't be missed much by his fellow gang members.

The offender was ultimately convicted of murder, my "star witness" testified well in court even though other members of the gang made a show of being there to intimidate him, and though the "hardcore" guy I'd questioned first ended up in a federal corrections facility himself for unrelated charges years later, we maintained a cordial relationship until he disappeared from our streets. I was confident prior to this case that I was competent homicide investigator. By the time I'd finished meeting my victim's family and the exonerated suspect's mom, I knew there was nothing in life I that loved more or did better than working murders.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in, Q, thanks for your generosity.

I've been in a little over fourteen years. I started feeling old when somebody described this as my "fifteenth year." It's been a ton of fun, but it goes so, so fast. I've been fortunate to work with great people at my two agencies 8 years at one and six at the other so far). I don't think I have a story that ranks with some of the ones told here. I always have trouble coming up with a good one on the spot.

Last year I was on my way in to go off duty and ran a plate on an occupied stolen. We are a very liability conscious agency, so when he took off, I had low expectations, but my lieutenant let it go and we chased him for about thirty miles before the neighboring county stop sticked him. We recovered a discarded airsoft gun along the route. Driver was an "escapee" from federal house arrest. I had an unmarked car with no cage and had a remarkably pleasant conversation chock full of admissions, on the thirty minute drive to the jail while he sat in the front passenger seat. A week or so later a detective from an hour or so away called and thought my guy might have done an armed robbery in their city. He was immediately identifiable when I looked at photos. I'm glad we got to chase him. I also got a letter he wrote to somebody while in our jail forwarded to me where he was pretty complementary. That was kinda neat.

Another quick one: had a meth impaired asshole strike my car while I was on a traffic stop a couple years ago. He really just grazed the car (brand new...100 miles on it) and knocked off a mirror, and didn't stop so we ended up in another surprised it was authorized pursuit. He was in a 1 ton pickup pulling a combine head on a trailer. The head came off the trailer and cart wheeled through the median. Another agency put stop sticks out and asshole plowed the rear of their car at 100 or so. The smoke and sparks and shit flying were the most disheartening thing I'd ever seen. I was sure I'd just watched the officer die and I felt like it took forever to go the last quarter mile or so. The officer had gone over a cable barrier on the inside and was unharmed. I was shocked. We both ran up to the truck, which had rolled, and arrested the driver. That was a wild one.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
I’m in. As usual with your LE Karmas, if I win please donate my winnings to the 100 club.

Given that I will tell funny story.
we were out serving watch when we came upon a guy who standing in the middle of an apartment complex watching us nervously. We went to 10 and begin to talk I noticed that he had a strong smell of alcohol beverage on his breath. I asked him for his ID and he took off running. As we chased him the foot pursuit was joined by several other officers two apartment security guards and about five dogs.

He continue to run out of the apartment complex and down a residential street where he took a right turn down some guys sidewalk up there walk away and ran into the front door of the house. I went chasing him in hot pursuit into the house where I was followed by the other officers the security guards and the dogs.

As I ran through the living room there’s a man sitting on a chair watching television and eating a bowl of soup. I remember him looking up as we all ran past. His facial expression never changed and as I passed him he went back to watching television and eating soup as we chased the suspect into the resident’s bedroom and tackled the suspect.

Turned out the guy was wanted on a murder warrant. After we got in there, we made the security guards get out of the man's house and take the dogs with them. As we left the house with the felon screaming and yelling about how he was going to kill everybody, the man on the chair with the soup said “close the door On your way out."

The resident never stood up, only asked us one question, never put the soup down and never looked away from the TV for more than about 2 seconds. The question he asked was "who's that dude?"

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

Not so much an interesting story, but somewhat amusing...

Was en route for an operation. Threw my gear into my partner's car quickly and geared up in the car. Then a couple miles down the road I realized I couldn't find my battle belt in the passenger compartment. Stopped the car & yep it was on the roof!

Couldn't believe it had stayed up there. Grabbed it and then proceeded without incident.

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Full transparency, I'm not FT, but PT as an Auxiliary Police Officer. So if you decide if that counts, please include me.

So, there was a fight between two drunk subjects outside a bar and one pulls a small knife and slashes the other combatant during the melee, non life threatening. Injured party is transported and the other is taken into custody. Now there's a new guy on the squad, going through training, the FTI who is a salty and grumpy MPO decides trainee should take the case for training. Standard training call, collect evidence, photos, secure the knife, interview witnesses etc..MPO decides that more evidence is required, Trainee is confused and MPO says there may be DNA evidence in the air, so MPO hands Trainee a bag and says collect the air samples. So on video said trainee is see running back and forth collecting 'air evidence' for DNA. As one can imagine, laughter erupts and video is on FB.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scombs263
posted Hide Post
12131 this is so awesome......

Count me in please, 21 plus years as LEO.....

Hmmmmmmmmmm, lots of great days on the job. I think some very meaningful days are on open house days, community police academy presentations or coffee with a cop events. It's a real chance for people who have little to no interaction with law enforcement and give them an opportunity to get to know cops and the job we do. You have a real opportunity to change people's perception of cops and the jobs we perform. Potentially an actual impact on how we are viewed. On so many occasions I have seen it happen and turn into a positive interaction.

On a more interesting incident. I was searching a house with a officer who's police dog on numerous occasions had urinated or defacated in a residents house decided to jump off a second floor banister and fall to the first floor where I was standing. Not a sight I wanted to see, a police dog flying in the air. Long story short. Dog was uninsured following a vet check.

Posts: 1974 | Location: USA | Registered: March 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in my 10th year, crazy as that is.

A couple years ago I stopped a car for speeding and arrested the driver for sales and transportation of psilocybin mushrooms. Not a bad pinch in itself, but not super spectacular. He ended up pleading out and getting probation. About 9 months later he was arrested for a two year old homicide that had occurred in a neighboring city.

The DNA sample taken from the suspect after I arrested him matched a sample taken from under the victims fingers that was previously unmatched. He pled to 26 to life.

Lots of other stories, I wish now I’d kept a journal.

Thanks for thinking of us. Your generosity is amazing.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your generosity and please include me.

I saw this earlier and have been trying to think of a story that stands out to me as especially ridiculous. The one that comes to mind is a guy we had on pcp. We fought with this guy forever it seemed like. By the time it was all over, he had been tased 4 times with probes, and drive stunned a ton. We finally get cuffs on him and he starts all over again (we wanted to shackle him too since he was fighting so much). Me and another officer (who is maasive at 6'8" and played DE in football in college) take him down and he's all but throwing us off him while 2 other officers are trying to shackle him. With all the bouncing around and getting thrown around finally the shackles go on and we go to stand him up. This genius knocked his own dentures out of his mouth. We just looked at the ground then eachother and lost it laughing.

One more, another guy on pcp. He was out of it. Dui crash (hit a telephone pole). We get him out of the car, and he forgot how to walk. Not like going no bones, just literally couldnt remember to move one foot then the other. Instead he'd move one foot, stop, kinda rotate the other, then take another step with the original foot. He just did splits all the way to the cruiser.

There's been far bigger and far minor arrests, but for some reason those 2 stick out as the first guy was one of the first fights I was in as an officer, and the other guy was just one of those, why did i apply for this job moments.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, another very generous Karma, sir! I have already been lucky enough to receive a KARMA from you, so I will not put my name in....

However, my dad is a detective with 34 years on and is about to retire this year. What an amazing retirement gift this would be..... We work for the same department and have been lucky enough to work a few cases together. He is also a member here, because I told him how amazing this forum is (his user name is Cous1781), but I'm pretty sure he never checks it.

For fun, my most interesting day on the job is always New Years Eve. Most people hate working it (I'm on 3rd shift) but I love it. The city sounds like a war zone. Fully automatic fire a block over, shotgun pellets raining down like hail. Three years ago, my partner and I were running for cover because birdshot was raining down all around us. We took cover in an abandoned garage next to the house we were called to. It really is the most amazing thing most people don't get to see. It's an inner city district, and it gets crazy.

I have had my share of excitement other than NYE, but that's for another time.....

My dad is a crime scene investigator and has worked several cases that got national news coverage. Including being the detective who uncovered some pretty sick and crazy stuff that went on to be the inspiration of multiple books and tv shows. He is also the department's artist and very talented at what he does.

Here is a short video of a mural that he did at our headquarters.

https://youtu.be/p9VqnFnG6No

Ps, I usually like to keep a shred of anonymity, so when this thread is over, I will probably erase my post, or at least remove the video link. I'm just too proud of the old man not to share it.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fear No Beer
Picture of K9346
posted Hide Post
This is such a generous offer, thank you so much for the chance.

I've got 18+ years in LE and I think one of the funniest stories I have is back when I was a rookie in my FTO program, my FTO and I got a call to assist one of our Animal Control Officers. We responded, and found an EMU had wandered into the city from a farm outside the city limits.

Needless to say the ACO was having a lot of difficulty coraling this thing. Since I was the rookie, my FTO got to distract the Emu while I takled it from behind in a kind-of-headlock-take down that I know was far from pretty.

Long story short, we got the Emu into custody and I am forever thankful that this was before the era of cell phone cameras, and my family loves to hear the story of the day I wrestled an ostrich.

I have one request if I'm lucky enough to win the 228, that's that you call me instead of emailing me. I am HORRIBLE about checking my email so feel free to call me, collect if you like, at 405 919 9231, and again thank you very much just for the chance.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Back in Ok, finally | Registered: September 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
You are a very generous member and have THE BEST karmas.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already posted, but it got me thinking about what made a truly "interesting" story.

I was training somebody and we had a call at around midnight for an unconscious male in a parking lot. Decent part of town. Arrived and found DOA male about 30 years old wearing workout clothes. Basically looks like he went for a run and dropped dead. No ID, no phone, nothing but a key threaded into his shoelaces. The people who found him did not recognize him.

We're a college community, so if he's a grad student or something it might take days or weeks before anybody realizes he's missing, so we decide to start trying the key in doors. We're in a moderate sized apartment complex with probably 100 or 200 units spread over ten or more buildings. Key opens the door to an apartment right next to where he was found. Our supervisor won't let us enter out of fear that this is actually a murder and we're going to end up with problems. Lights are on, but nobody answers when we call out. So we find a name on the mailbox, find the guy's vehicle, which is right next to the body, pull a DL photo and it looks pretty close. We're working out the logistics of having the agency where he lives (across the state) go knock on his parents' door when the bedroom light in the apartment comes on and I see the guy we think is the dead guy stumbling around. He was shitfaced drunk and passed out. Immediately apparent our guy is not him and word of his death was greatly exaggerated.

This means we have to check all the remaining doors in the complex. We got to one of the last couple doors in the last building and the key opens it. Same BS about not being able to enter, repeat the process, find a name, find a car, pull a DL photo and this one is no doubt our guy so we were able to get the next of kin notified and so forth.

As strange as it was that the key opened a door right next to where the victim was found and the resident of that apartment bore a resemblance to the victim, the ultimate irony in the whole thing, and a sad footnote, was that our victim was a 30 year old MD doing a cardiology fellowship at the university.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
How generous!

If I had to pick one day: I drove up on three people in the street at about 0300. A man had chased his girlfriend, caught her in the street and started beating her. A guy was working late in his machine shop and intervened. He knocked the DB smooth out with one punch.

At the same time, we had a home invasion of an elderly couple. A tweaker broke into the wrong home thinking it was his drug dealer and started beating the woman while she was in bed. My buddy got there with a shotgun by himself. There were only five of us and a sergeant working and there was no backup. The tweaker rushed him and tried to take his shotgun. During the fight, my buddy got kicked in the cluster to the point of a relatively serious injury. A few of us eventually got there and took the guy in.

That event caused the advent of "The Golden Cup" award. We took a deer rack mount base and an athletic cup and painted it gold. I can't post the picture of the awards ceremony, but believe me it's something else. That officer went on to receive a second such award later that year.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don't know about most interesting, because there isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something or find something interesting. Probably because the area that I work isn't the best neighborhood, filled with all kinds of mental illness and social problems. For instance, I learned that last Monday was judgement day according to the rock band Tool, and that one can time travel through a portal (it looks like a heating/air vent to everyone else) to different locations, you just have to make sure you install the right filter to keep the monsters on their side of the thing. I did not know that.

Probably the most for filling thing is the guys that I work with. A couple of years ago, I was working an afternoon shift for some reason or another, and a call came out of a single vehicle collision with injuries. Our policy is that only one unit is permitted to run lights and siren to respond to such an event. The other units in sector have to proceed normally.
This particular call said that the caller ran off in a creek in heavy rain, and the car was filling up with water. We had four or five guys go screaming to the location. First unit beat me by about a minute. He pulls up on the bridge, looks down in the creek, and the dude is sure enough submerged and about to go under. The fire department pulls up and says that they had water rescue coming and we were going to wait. First unit told the fire chief to go fuck himself, stripped off his gear and into the water he went. I rolled up, heard the first unit yelling out where he was, the fire chief threatened me if I went in the water he'd get me in trouble, I told him to fuck himself and off in the water I went. Third unit rolled up, and you guessed it, told the fire chief to go fuck himself and off in the water he went.

It was March, the water was pretty cold and it was swift. I hit the water with the water up to my arm pits and the current pushed me up against the side of the car. I could see the guy inside, and he was submerged to the point that he was struggling to keep the water out of his nose by tilting his head up. He was bleeding a lot from the face, and said he had a bone sticking out of his leg, and a broken arm. We broke out the sun roof, and another dude went through the sun roof and cut the seat belt. We lifted the guy out at that point through the sun roof at that point (I know it was painful on him), and got him up the bank to dry land.

We got out of the water, and was pretty friggin cold. The medics on the scene stabilized the patient, and offered to treat us for hypothermia. I loaded up my gear was was spread all over the place from stripping it off on the run, and went home.

I got a call the next morning from the office bright and early. I knew for sure it was because the fire department complained on us. It was my boss calling to tell us good job.

We have our share of mouth breathers at work. We also have guys like the two above from this incident. That probably is the most interesting thing amidst all of the "cops are corrupt and the devil" stuff you read from a handful of people on this forum and in the media. Stuff like this goes on often.

Saturday is my last day in patrol, and I think I am going to miss all of the running and gunning with the kids.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I'm retired, so do not enter me. As for stories, I'm not sure the statutes of limitations have passed on all of them. (no, I didn't murder anybody). I did once shoot a guy through both butt cheeks, and we wondered afterwards if he would be able to play music.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post