SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone ever bought a car from Carmax?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ever bought a car from Carmax? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If you are going to buy a Land Rover, get it from carmax.... video follows.... one of my favorite youtube channels by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvJCCoLoKRA

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yes and sold one there too. No problems either time.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought my wife's Hyundai Santa Fe Sport from Carmax. While we found others she liked, they had the color combo she wanted and low miles. I think we paid a bit of a premium but still had a good deal.

My daughter totaled the car two years later. We went back to Carmax. We used they're massive on site selection as a way to test drive and compare various models.

Found what we were looking for in a Nissan Rogue in San Diego. I drove it home.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hambony:
If you are going to buy a Land Rover, get it from carmax.... video follows.... one of my favorite youtube channels by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvJCCoLoKRA

I've been following his blog from the beginning. Incredible story. Can't help
but wonder what policy changes Carmax has done since they sold the Rover. And to think a $4K warranty sounded like so much money at the time of sale.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Wound up finding a 2014 with just over 22k on the odometer for about 19k. Which is less than some of the others with higher mileage. From a quick search it looks like it was a former leased car which explains the low miles.

It's being shipped up from CT this week so I'll finalize everything after I've taken a look at it.

I took more of a hit on my trade than I was expecting but all in all it shouldn't be a bad deal.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post