SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tablet as gift - special offers....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tablet as gift - special offers.... Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I got one of the fire tablets to give as a gift. Secret Santa with $25 limit. On-sale for $29.

Is it bad form to give it w/ the special offers? Without the special offers is $20 more (I think). Goes over the limit as well as more than I want to pay. Smile

If they want to get rid of the offers, they can pay for the 'upgrade.' This is okay right? Or is it bad on my part? Should I just get it w/out special offers?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No, they can deal with the special offers.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here you go Wink

https://youtu.be/JJvbZZWt9g4

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The special offers are unobtrusive. Doesn't bother me on my kindle.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You're already over your limit. I wouldn't go more over.

I don't think there is anything wrong with not paying extra to eliminate the ads. Let that be up to the recipient.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I won't complain if you gave it to me without the offers.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks guys. I'll give with comfort now. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post