SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's not a Predator drone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's not a Predator drone Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Getting there though Big Grin Had a pile of unused Amazon gift cards (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it) and ended up pulling the trigger on an Inspire 2. Got the "lower end" X4s camera for now. Been patrolling the backyard airspace and I'm impressed, especially moving up from a Phantom. Just need to finish up the Part 107 on my ticket so I can start working with a friend of mine again filming for business/real estate. These things are some incredible tech.

Cruise configuration:

Landing Configuration:

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice! I bet flying that thing is a ton of fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, I've kicked the idea around of getting one. I fear after a month or two it will be collecting dust however :/

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool. I haven't seen that one before.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Cool, you need to pick up some model airplane decals from WW2 Mustangs with the open shark mouth for the front, some eyes, maybe a few kill decals LOL

That shape front end is begging for some cool decals...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
That shape front end is begging for some cool decals...

Great minds and all that Wink I ordered some shortly after I made the drone purchase

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you prefer that over a DJI Phantom?

in your opinion, if I had the money to spend on a Phantom, why would I switch?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

The P4 Pro out currently is a heck of a drone (I had the normal P4). I went with the I2 for the versatility in it's camera options/ 5.2k shooting as well as it's power and how it handles high wind. The P4 will do about 45mph where as the I2 around 60mph and has some serious torque. I had issues with the P4 getting props in frame especially on windy days so having the ability to raise the legs/props was another huge deal for me. It doesn't seem to get blown around at all compared. Flies like a dream. Several built in redundancies now with dual IMU's/compasses/and barometers along with dual batteries (can fly on one if need be). Batteries are also heated if temperature is low to reduce failures. Only negatives I can come up with so far are size and cost. I guess it comes down to what you're looking for out of the drone.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Three words: Estes rocket engines.

Instant Predator.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

The P4 Pro out currently is a heck of a drone (I had the normal P4). I went with the I2 for the versatility in it's camera options/ 5.2k shooting as well as it's power and how it handles high wind. The P4 will do about 45mph where as the I2 around 60mph and has some serious torque. I had issues with the P4 getting props in frame especially on windy days so having the ability to raise the legs/props was another huge deal for me. It doesn't seem to get blown around at all compared. Flies like a dream. Several built in redundancies now with dual IMU's/compasses/and barometers along with dual batteries (can fly on one if need be). Batteries are also heated if temperature is low to reduce failures. Only negatives I can come up with so far are size and cost. I guess it comes down to what you're looking for out of the drone.

What is your average flight time? Is it single controller or dual controller or both? Great looking drone by the way. I recommend the nose art from the drop shuttle in aliens.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we are going to need some footage of this
https://res.cloudinary.com/sim...f76-cac3a65bb899.jpg

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

What is your average flight time? Is it single controller or dual controller or both? Great looking drone by the way. I recommend the nose art from the drop shuttle in aliens.

DJI claims 27-28 min but real world I'm seeing around 21-22 minutes. Granted a good chunk is spent in sport mode Wink Single or dual control. I'm running single right now. When we start filming professionally again I'll most likely pick up a second remote. I'm watching the CrystalSky stuff, looks promising.

Bendable, I drive under that thing daily and it's not as interesting as it may seem Big Grin

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Does it record a video you view later, or provide real time LOS FMV?

Awesome craft.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Does it record a video you view later, or provide real time LOS FMV?

Awesome craft.

4k/5.2k to either a micro SD or SSD depending on file type. Streams 720/1080p live on either a 2.4 or 5.8 ghz bandSmile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bendable, I drive under that thing daily and it's not as interesting as it may seem Big Grin

But!

none of the photos on the WWW see what else is in the general vicinity

maybe seeing whats in the background would be as interesting as the actual subject

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post