SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How old do you feel?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How old do you feel? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
We have a range of folks on the forum, no doubt. But, what is your mindset? How old do you think you are? No, not how old are you.

Question:
How old do you feel?

Choices:
Recently slapped by a doctor
Shitting mustard
Just out of diapers
In big boy pants
Wet behind the ears
Greenhorn
Journeyman adult
I've got this
Ranch hand
Seasoned
Distinguished
Old salt
Old as dirt
Older than dirt
Deaths waiting room
Deaths door
Why am I still here
Who are you? Who am I?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Mentally, I think I'm much younger than I am.

Physically, I feel much older than I am.

It's a rough spot to be.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Slept really well last night. Feeling pretty good today.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My wife likes to joke that I'm an old guy trapped in a young(er) guy's body... 30s going on 80s.

I'm grumpy. I'm crotchety. I'm bald. I get "old man knee" when storms are coming. I don't like people on my lawn. I go to bed early. I like historical old stuff better than new stuff. And I recently became a (step) grandpa.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Seasoned. Like my hair, a little salt, a lot of pepper.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I fucking bought readers today. WTF

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Bad day here. Had oral surgery Friday and it's kicking my azz today. Was all giddy last week as it's three and a half months until I retire and today I'm feeling really down, old and used up.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8096 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I like the sound of "distinguished", whatever it means. I reach the ¾ pole in about a month, but I'm still in the race.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
25-45, depending upon the day, my mood, and the activity.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Im 54 but dont feel it. I was chastized recently by a doctor in regards to,getting a colonoscipy. I said "But I dont FEEL 54!!"

His reply:?? "Yea, but your colon might."

My set up appointemnt is this week. Frown

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care. Cool

Yeah...about that colonoscopy. Right there with yuh..... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put it a retaining wall over the last 3 days by myself. All shovel and wheelbarrow work. I estimate about 5 ton of material moved. Felt like 30 when I started, feel about 80 now. But it is done Smile

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
For my age I feel pretty good.
Except on those days when my get up and go has departed.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm in very good company. Seasoned.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Mm. So far it's a fuckin' spice rack in here.

For years, people have been telling me I have "old eyes." Since I was in my teens. I don't feel particularly young, or old.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 60 I had a 32 year old wife. At 64, added a baby.
Now I feel like Logan.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Went for Journeyman Adult. My physical age is early 50's but feel 10ish years younger.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Depends on the day, some days I feel like I am in my 30's ok maybe 40's again. Other days I feel everyone of my 55 years and then some.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Valpo Fz,

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Seasoned. Yeah, well seasoned.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I feel like I can still just roll up into a college party or spring break and fit right in.

I know better though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post